Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

From Victim To Survivor To Thriver

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 LisaLisa

LisaLisa
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:16 AM

Thank you ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

#32 LisaLisa

LisaLisa
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

Thank you so much my T told me I was a survivor and one day I'll become a thriver.

P.S. you are a survivor too because you see you and you are living your reality that takes alot of strength.</B>

#33 katiebear

katiebear
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

Thank you for posting this! It really openned my eyes to my behaviors.

#34 dreamernreality

dreamernreality
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

Thanks so much for the chart. Can't wait to see where I fit. I appreciate it and i'm sure others do as well. Thanks again. flowers.gif

#35 mommanessy247

mommanessy247
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

i think i fall in the survivor category most of the time but lately i've been visiting the victim category. i'm hoping to be able to work on that with counseling next week.

#36 hopeforjla

hopeforjla

hopeforjla

• 156 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

Thanks so much, the chart was a good referance point, it helps to have something right in front of me. Thank you for your service. flowers.gif flowers.gif

#37 Marce

Marce

Marce

• 144 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS LIST!!! I has been an eye opening read for me. flowers.gif

#38 Anonymouse09

Anonymouse09

"Behind This Mask"

• 525 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

tealribbon.gif I looked at this again today... the first time I read this I was certain I was a victim ... today I am a survivor... I have come so far in just a short period of time... I hope that someday I can truly thrive. flowers.gif

#39 calliehere

calliehere
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Anonymous09 @ Aug 25 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tealribbon.gif I looked at this again today... the first time I read this I was certain I was a victim ... today I am a survivor... I have come so far in just a short period of time... I hope that someday I can truly thrive. flowers.gif

That is fantastic!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

hug.gif thumbsup.gif hug.gif thumbsup.gif hug.gif thumbsup.gif hug.gif thumbsup.gif hug.gif thumbsup.gif hug.gif

#40 AstridB

AstridB
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for posting that. I bookmarked it.

I am in the victim, survivor, and thriver columns...

#41 brokeninside87

brokeninside87
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

I've been looking for something to help me. I'm very much a visual person too...maybe this'll help. Now I just have to get to a printer

#42 cajunlady

cajunlady
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

Thanks. I really like this chart. Made me relook at a few things I've been doing lately. It gives me things to work toward to get out of that victim mode again.

#43 BrokenWingz

BrokenWingz
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:18 AM

Thanks so much for this! OMG! Sadly to say that I currently exhibit ALL symptoms of a victim.

#44 kristy1228

kristy1228
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:40 AM

This chart was very useful. I found that I am more Victim than Survivor by one of the things on the list. I'm trying so hard to be a Thriver especially in this new relationship I'm in with someone who loves me and is aware of my past.

#45 kena64

kena64
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm a pretty even balance between victim and survivor. An improvement which I feel has happened over the past week.