Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

new here

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_freed_*

Guest_freed_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:08 PM

Hi everyone, i'm new to the site and new to healing. it was last year that i finally accepted and understood that i'm a survivor. that has changed my life in so many ways. i wish i could say all those changes have been good. some changes have been freeing and other changes have been destroying me, it's hard doing this alone... .
there's something very comforting about this site. there are very strong women here and i admire that so much. i wish i was strong enough to call myself a feminist and strong enough to use my voice.
i'm glad i found this site and i hope i can give as much (if not more than) i receive.
Free

#2 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:46 PM

(((Freed))) Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry you had to go through all you have, but i am glad you found your way here. I'm sorry changes have been tough... you are not alone. I feel that way too. I hope you find support and healing here as I have. We are here for you. I can tell you have a beautiful heart, and i look forward to getting to know you better. All the best. Let me know if you ever need anything.
love clarissa

#3 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,348 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:21 AM

welcome to the group, I hope you'll stay and share this difficult road with us. Changes are never easy, are they? I know it can be so very hard at times but as long as you keep moving you are in the right direction. There is really no good and bad when it comes to healing, we all do the best we can given the circumstances and mistakes can be precious lessons too.

Please feel free to post anytime you wish, we are here for you!

Hugs,
Verena

#4 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:24 PM

(((freed))) Welcome to After Silence. You are strong in using your voice just by coming here. Know that we are here to support you and you do not journey alone. You are courageous and beautiful. You are a survivor. Be kind to yourself smile.gif

#5 Rebel Grrl

Rebel Grrl

Headbanger Grrlie

• 327 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:24 PM

Welcome, freed. I am new too. Looking forward to getting to know you. smile.gif

#6 Guest_WOLFPACMOMMA3_*

Guest_WOLFPACMOMMA3_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:50 AM

welakotah in here freed...may we all be a good understanding friend to you, hugs, Tee:roll:

#7 Guest_freed_*

Guest_freed_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:13 PM

thank you so much for the warm welcomes and encouragement. i have to say it again. this site has a very comforting feel to it. i look forward to getting to know all of you.
free

#8 Guest_WOLFPACMOMMA3_*

Guest_WOLFPACMOMMA3_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:15 PM

SO WHATS NEW YOUR WAY?HOW HAVE YTOU BEEN DOING?
:?
TEE

#9 Guest_freed_*

Guest_freed_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:55 PM

hi Tee,
seems like every day there's something new to confront. i've been reading through the posts and i can see there's a lot of supportive people here. because of that, i'll walk away from my computer feeling stronger than i did when i sat down, but i know i'll tell myself i'm still not strong enough. i thought about posting to maybe release some of this stuff (feels like it's crushing me) but... i don't think i'm brave enough yet. i hope things are ok with you and thanks for asking about me!!
free

#10 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 04:40 AM

Hi freed

Welcome to the group. Glad you found this site, it has really helped so many of us. Hope that you find the space here to say what you want and need to.

Wendy