Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sarabear_*

Guest_sarabear_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:51 AM

Hello...I'm new to this forum. I've been in counseling for some time now and have started to get to some of the really scary sick to my tummy cant take any more issues out in therapy. Im a 21 yr old college student and was just looking to find someone who knows where I'm coming from.

#2 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 03:34 AM

(((Sarabear)))
WElcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you had to go through all you have been through. I'm sorry that things are so tough. *hugs* i am glad that you have found your way here though. I hope you find some peace, comfort, support, and healing here as I have. We are all here for you.
much love, clarissa

#3 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 06:41 AM

Hi Sara,

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but I am glad you have found us. Welcome!

Feel free to browse around and get yourself comfortable. I hope that in time you'll grow to love this place as much as I do. Hope you find the support and encouragement you are seeking here.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact the administrators.

Take Care

Lindy

#4 Lilea

Lilea

Tender Heart

• 858 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:51 AM

Hello... welcome. Sorry it is this way that we all meet, but I think you will find as so many of us have, that this is a very supportive and open place. I am a twenty-two year old college student, so we are in same boat there! Looking forward to getting to know you... Lilea

#5 Guest_Madonna_*

Guest_Madonna_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:44 PM

Hi :-) I'm 21 too! Not in college though LOL!! You should be proud of yourself for working through your issues. I know it takes time and is frustrating. It took me years to finally get there with my therapist. Hope to be talking to you in the future :-)

Madonna smile.gif

#6 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:41 PM

(((sarabear))) Welcome. I was in my mid 30's when I began therapy. I'm now 43. Can understand where you are coming from. You are not alone smile.gif

#7 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:28 PM

Hi Sara
Just wanted to add my welcome to the others. That sick to the stomach feeling makes things difficult, but it does get better, slowly, but surely.

Take Care
Wendy

#8 Guest_sarabear_*

Guest_sarabear_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:26 PM

Just want to say thanx for all the kind and supportive things everyone has said.