Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hello

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_renabee_*

Guest_renabee_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:18 PM

sad.gif Hello, I am new here, seeking help. I'm 36, yet feel like I am still 12. I thought I had dealt with and moved past all of this years ago (never sought professional help, but God was by my side). However, here I am falling apart once again. What I have seen so far, this is a great place. The stories make me so sad, I mean, I don't feel so alone, but that just means it's happening to so many people. sad.gif I want to be strong again, have confidence, and smile. The dark days are hell on me and those around me....

#2 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:38 PM

Hi Renabee! *hugs* I'm so glad you found this place. I hope you will find strength, support, and healing here as I have. We are all here for you, sweetie! You can do it. I believe you are a strong, confident, joyful and beautiful woman, and i know you will reclaim that once again. God is still here by your side. Hold on to hope! All the best!

#3 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,351 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 08:53 PM

welcome to After Silence, although I wish you didn't have a reason to be here, I'm glad that you have found us.

It does not matter how long ago it happened or what the circumstances were, we all need a little extra help sometimes and we all face some difficult moments.

Please remember that we are here for you, to support you and to offer you our trust and friendship.

To quote my friend Haullie, it is NEVER to late for a new beginning. Feel free to lean on us, we'll get through this together!

Hugs,
Verena

#4 Guest_renabee_*

Guest_renabee_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:43 PM

Thank you for your support. It's hard today, but not as hard as a few days ago. So, yes, we all get through it, but are these bad days just a warning...a warning to get some help while you are feeling good, or are these blue moods that last weeks going to be something I have to deal with the rest of my life? I am lost and so bewildered on the bad days that I don't know which way is up. Everything around me is foggy and I feel alone. The people who mean the most to me I shove away and miraculously, they are still there happy to hug me and love me when it's over. But they have no idea nor understand what it's like. sad.gif And they feel so helpless.

#5 Guest_renabee_*

Guest_renabee_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:20 PM

Can anyone steer me in the correct direction for counseling? I'm so confused on which doctor to pick...I wish I had a referral from someone they trust. Anyway, do you pick a therapist, counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist, oh boy! I don't want to waste a consultation on the entirely wrong doctor.