Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Um. Auto-subscribe?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarkSparkle

DarkSparkle

strange little girl

• 327 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:14 PM

I keep getting messages in my email that say I have subscribed to several topics here, which I have never done. This happens only with threads which I have replied to, but I know I didn't accidentally hit the button on so many different topics. How do I make this stop, because I come here every day so it's just filling up my inbox? Do we get automatically subscribed to topics we reply to? smile.gif Estella

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,348 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:05 PM

Hi Estella,

you can try this. Go to "My Controls" and look for "Subscriptions" (located below "Messenger.") Then click on "topics" and "forums" and if you see that you are subscribed to any of them, click "unsubscribe."

Let me know if ti works. If not I'll try to do it for you smile.gif

#3 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:26 PM

Hey Estella, smile.gif

Do you use the "fast reply" button frequently?

If so, by using that and not taking the checked mark off the box that says Enable email notification of replies, you will automatically keep getting the subscriptions in your mail box.

I thought I'd share that little tidbit in case you were unaware of that function. smile.gif

Take care,

Donna =)

#4 DarkSparkle

DarkSparkle

strange little girl

• 327 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:30 PM

hey wow. I do not remember if I have been using the fast reply button for the ones i got subscribed too, but I didn't notice that, so thank you donna, i will remember that.

Vera- thank you! i didn't realize that I could check my subscriptions that way either!

You are both awesome
~estella