Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Signature

Hiya,

First (so you all realise how stupid I am, lol!) the signature is the bit at the bottom of peoples' posts, where they have quotes and song lyrics and stuff, right?

Well, I have this quote but it won't allow me to put it on because it is 132 characters long. (It has to be 100) Other people seem to have huge long signatures, so how come this one little quote won't work for me? :hmm:

Any help/info would be appreciated! :)

Diana x

ps. another little question, is any part of the board or chat screened for 'bad' words (eg. f*ck, wh**e)? just wonderin! :P

Hi Diana,

sorry about the signature. We did restrict the number of characters allowed. You are right though, some members have very long signatures.... basically I was waiting to have a free moment to pm the members with long signatures and ask them to make them shorter... Also I didn't want to sound like a mean bi*ch (yes the board takes care of bad words automatically so that people who curses a lot like me don't fill the board with bad words...lol) asking for short signatures, no animated avatars and no images in the signatures... but it's truly done for important reasons. There are other boards that won't even allow members to have avatars to save server space and make the pages load faster. There are a number of members with slow internet connection and often they have to wait a lot for the pages to load and when they need support it can be frustrating to wait... Also we have a limited server space allowed (it would cost us more to add space) so at the end of the month we have to make sure we haven't used it all. I can change the characters allowed to 150 if that's better. By the end of nest week we'll ask everyone to stick to the 150 characters so even members with long signature will be kindly asked to make them shorter...

Sorry for the inconvenience and be sure that it is not a personal thing, it will apply to everyone, me, lindy and Kelly included :)

:hug: Thank you Verena! This is going to make it so much easier for us to browse the forum patricularily with our massive scrolling lately hehe. Though I love hearing people's new inspirations and song lyrics and such you do have a forum dedicated to posting such material for inspirational purposes and I agree we should all keep even text signatures to a minimum, not to sound bitchy myself. But it does help. Thanks Vera!

Love, Haullie :wub:

I echo the thanks on that one. It can get overwhelming when reading longer threads.

Admin is keeping this board running smoothly as usual! Thanks all! :bighug:

Nicole :hug:

Heya,

Thanks for clearing that up! :) I understand about the speed thing (I'm using a slooowww computor now!!) so that's fine, I just wondered if there was something up with my settings, but it's ok. And thanks for telling me about the automatic bad-word-filter thing! lol I almost had a heart attack the other day coz I thought I must've written my post differently to how I remembered doing it, or alternatively one of you guys had come along and changed it coz you were so appalled at my language! :blush: And Vera, I'm certain no1 thinks you're a mean b*tch :P we all know what a tough job you have! Thank you again,

:hug:

Diana x