Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

hello, I need your support!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mary_*

Guest_mary_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:34 AM

Hello my name is Mary. I am 30 years old and I have 3 children. This is the first time I speak out and talk about bieng sexually abused. I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing but I hope with time I can become stronger and soon talk about my feelings. I've kept everything to myself so long that I really don't know how to start talking about what I'm feeling. All I know is that it's been so hard going through life trying to forget and pretending that your this happy person that everybody thinks they know while actually I feel so miserable, depressed, angry, and confused!

I FEEL LOST!

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by mary]

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by mary]

#2 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:16 AM

Hi Mary and welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry you have a reason to be here but glad you have found us.

Feel free to browse around and get comfortable and hopefully in time you will feel strong enough to break the silence. Here you will find amazing support and encouragement and we're always here and ready to offer support when you need it.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#3 Guest_laurap_*

Guest_laurap_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:43 PM

Hi Mary... oh how I understand that feeling of keeping it all in and trying to bury it to deal with it... so glad that you are here..l know that we understand and that you are not alone in this. keep talking if you can.. it really does help..laura

#4 Wanda1234

Wanda1234

No Longer Alone

• 190 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:43 PM

You made the first step Mary. That isn't a bad thing. Carry on being strong.

#5 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:58 PM

Hi Mary. Welcome to After Silence. Glad you found you're way here but sorry you have reason to be here. Know we are here for you and you are not alone. Be gentle with yourself.

#6 Clarissa

Clarissa

Little Dancing Butterfly

• 1,122 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:27 PM

HI Mary!!!!
Welcome to After Silence! We're so proud of you for making that incredible first step. We are here for you. Hope you find an outlet, comfort, and support here. Best wishes!
love clarissa