Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

A New Year, a new anxiety

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JessicaSC_*

Guest_JessicaSC_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:02 AM

Hello and Happy New Year everyone,

I joined this message board because it seems ever since the beginning of the year I've been getting especially anxious, basically because I was told I probably have to testify at a preliminary hearing and trial later this year against my assailant. I think I am particularly worried about the flashbacks I know I'll be having after telling the entire story again. Anxious and more blase about other things in life. Not a good way to start the new year.

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,069 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 12:01 PM

Hi JessicaSC. Welcome to the group. I find this is a great place to come and get support. People "get it" here in a way that I don't find anywhere else. No matter what I am feeling, chances are someone else here knows what I am saying and can help me through it.

Please keep posting. Together we will all make it.

Nice to meet you.
~Kelly

#3 Guest_JessicaSC_*

Guest_JessicaSC_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:09 PM

Hi Kelly, very nice to meet you. thank you for your message and support.

#4 Peacegirl

Peacegirl

Searching Soul

• 3,960 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:52 PM

Jessica,

Welcome to After Silence! I hope that you will be able to find the support that you need, especially during all of your legal proceedings. Everyone here is understanding and that certainly has helped in my healing journey because I know I'm not alone. I'm here if you need anything.

(((Hugs)))

Lindsay

#5 Guest_JessicaSC_*

Guest_JessicaSC_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:07 PM

Thank you Lindsay. This is such a wonderful site. sometimes the world out there can be cruel. This is a good place to feel safe.