Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hello (never used sites like this before) how do you navigat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Buns_*

Guest_Buns_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2004 - 02:56 PM

Well I guess I just type here then.. With the New Year brings the real need to try to lay some demons to bed. I am English, although living in Canada. I have thought for a long time that I have dealt with my abuse quite well. Then now as I get older I believe that I convince myself that it kind of doesnt matter, that I was a different person then to who I am now. But I dont think that really solves anything. I dont have huge emotional difficulties-thankfully. I went ot see a counsellor a few years ago now, because I ended up in a abusive marriage. I needed to stop the cycle!! What ever that means. I have a son, who I love dearly.. He is the real one perfect thing I have done with my life. Oh no I'm starting to bable now. Sometimes this stuff is just difficult to get out so that it makes sense. Anyway I have a lot of memory gaps from my childhood. Lots of missing bits so I tend to jump from one thing to another without a smooth flow. Sorry. Oh no Ive been told to stop saying that. HA HA (Do you know what I mean)?
Anyway I am pleased to be here, (I still hope this is how you post messages though) not sure really.

#2 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:17 PM

Hi there and welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry you have a reason to be here but I'm glad you have found your way here. This place is filled with support and encouragement. I look forward to getting to know you.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#3 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:07 AM

Welcome to the forum. You have found a place filled with caring people. Hope that you find the space here to feel 'at home'.

Wendy