Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hello

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Patterns_*

Guest_Patterns_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:31 PM

Hello.

I recently "Unlocked The Silence". I told my shrink, the only person I've told. I've had a lot of memories since I talked about it. A lot of tears. It hurts, so I decided to join here for some comfort. It's good to know we have such nice places.

I live in England and found Tori Amos over a year ago. Her music is very healing.

#2 Guest_sleepysmile_*

Guest_sleepysmile_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:36 PM

I'm glad you're not holding it all inside any more... it can be very hard when those tears start to fall but we are here to support you. There are lots of very caring survivors here, so you don't have to be alone in this difficult time. I wish you the best through your healing journey.

love,
Stacia

#3 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,351 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:43 PM

Congratulation for breaking the silence, it's such a huge step and it takes a lot of courage....well done!

We are here for you.

Hugs
Verena

#4 Peacegirl

Peacegirl

Searching Soul

• 3,960 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 04:23 PM

((((Patterns))))

Welcome to the group! I'm glad that you decided to break the silence. You have a lot of strength. I'm here if you need anything.

(((Hugs)))

Lindsay

#5 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 10:26 PM

Welcome to the group:) Patterns and congratulations for being so courageous by breaking the cycle of silence. It is a monumental feat.

#6 Guest_mand76uk_*

Guest_mand76uk_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2003 - 04:50 PM

Hi Patterns,

Welcome to the group; it is a nice place to be. I hope that you are feeling good after doing such a brave thing. I'm sure we'll get to know each other soon,

((( Hugs )))

Amanda. ( A fellow northerner!)