Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dolphin48

Dolphin48
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:54 PM

Hi everyone!!

I'm new to this site. I have been looking for awhile for a site for survivors. I have no family and very little friends, therefore I feel that I am alone in this world. Especially alone in dealing with everything. I dont feel comfortable at the moment to tell my story, sorry...hope that is okay.

Thank you, Dolphin

#2 heartsicksad

heartsicksad

No Day but Today

• 577 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:00 PM

Hi Dolphin!
I am so glad that you found this site, everyone here is so nice and much like an online family.
I understand where you are at and your feeling alone. Please know that you are not alone. We are all here for you.
Of course it is okay if you are not comfortable telling your story yet. I am not at that stage yet, either so I understand. Take as much time as you need. We'll be here to listen when you are ready!
Much Love,
*tuesday*

#3 Dolphin48

Dolphin48
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Tuesday for your reply. Wasnt expecting anyone to respond so soon. I hope that I can help others and those can help me too.

I feel that I am going to explode with so much emotions, and dont know what to do. I am not seeing a T right now because havent found the right one yet.

Thanks, Dolphin

#4 Catherine

Catherine

Clarity Seeker

• 731 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

Hi Dolphin, smile.gif

Welcome to our group, don't worry about writing your story, get your yourself settled here, get to know us, and then If you feel like saying anything, we are all here for you.
once again, welcome.

Love Catherine

#5 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 10:10 PM

:inn: Hi Dolphin,

Welcome! Hope you find warmth and comfort here. People are very nice, and understanding. No demands made of you. Hope you feel better soon. hug.gif hug.gif greet.gif

#6 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 10:21 PM

:inn: Hi again Dolphin,
just wanted to say that I remember when I felt just like you say you are feeling now. I felt like a blown up baloon. Have you ever blew up a baloon and let it go and as the air goes out it just darts madly around the room until all the air is out and it falls flatly to the ground. I was so afraid that I would explode and just go wild. I did eventually, but I was fortunate to let go around a male friend who knew what I was going through. and did not have me prosecuted. I just went off on him. But I haven't felt that way again. I had been in t several years when that happened. I remember telling my t I felt that way. Just thought I would share that with you. What you said in your second posting brought back those memories. hug.gif wub.gif

#7 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 11:16 PM

(((((Dolphin)))))

Welcome to the board sweetie. hug.gif

Just as others have said, take your time on writing your story, either way we are still here for you.

Post or read as much as you would like and know you are not alone. hug.gif

(((Safe Hugs)))

Donna =)

#8 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:55 AM

Welcome to AS ...Like others have said, don't worry about what you feel you can or can't write about at the moment ...One of the best things here is there are no time limits, we can all put as little or as much as we want ... And even better we can do it when WE want ...

So I hope that AS can help in some small way on your healing journey .. hug.gif hug.gif

#9 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 10:09 AM

Dear Dolphin,

Thank you so much for joining AS. It means so much to us that you value your healing enough to want to take the nessesary steps to speaking out. Please remember to be patient with yourself. We have all been there, telling is a nervous thing but that is very natural and we are all here for you okay? When YOU are ready we will listen. That is our motto. Lots of hugs & welcoming love & support.

Love, Haullie hug.gif

#10 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:03 PM

hi dolphin. welcome and hugs hug.gif throb.gif
we're here for you when you're ready to talk clover.gif