Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hello?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dragonrider_*

Guest_dragonrider_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:41 PM

Hi. Not sure what else to say. blush.gif Kind of shy, I guess. I'm probably pretty much the same as all of you -- just trying to survive what happened to me.

It may have been a long time ago for me (incest that ended at 16 and a date rape at 18). I'm 42 now and still can't seem to get over it. Always kind of thought it was just me, but I see that there are others doing the same sort of battle. I HATE that other people have had to go thru this, but I selfishly am glad that I'm not alone.

Well, I'll be babbling soon, so I'll shut up now. Thanks for being here.
K'Jan

#2 relsom

relsom
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 12:32 AM

Welcome! Take your time and read what interests you and respond if you want, no pressure. But this is a great support!

Hugs Robin

#3 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:04 AM

Welcome hon.

I hope you can find some comfort here. I know the thing I was always looking for was just people who would understand... people who I didn't have to explain things to. It's very comforting. Strength in numbers.

" I HATE that other people have had to go thru this, but I selfishly am glad that I'm not alone."

That just sort of says it all huh. throb.gif throb.gif

I'm sorry for what happened to you. I'll try to help in any way I can.

#4 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 12:29 PM

(((((K'Jan)))))

Welcome to the board sweetie, post or read as much as you would like and know that we are here for you. hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

#5 -Nicole-

-Nicole-

Be Still

• Contributing Member
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 02:53 PM

Welcome, K'Jan! hug.gif

I am glad you have found this board, and I understand what you say about how awful it is that we need such a place. But this is a wonderful place full of wonderful people. I was a bit shy at first too, but everyone has made me feel like part of the family and like I am not alone. You are not alone either.

Post as much or as little as you like, no pressure no problem! Everyone here is so kind and supportive.

Welcome again! hug.gif

#6 Guest_dragonrider_*

Guest_dragonrider_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:13 PM

Just wanted to thank everyone for their welcomes. thanx.gif

It has helped as I'm going through a particularly rough time. sad.gif I think part of it is because of a car accident I was in back in January. I broke a lot of things and have been having problems with physical pain. I think that has made some of the emotional pain a little more difficult to deal with. Well, maybe I should be writing all about this someplace else.

Again, thank you all for making me feel so welcome!

#7 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:19 PM

K'Jan hug.gif

welcome to AS! wub.gif i hope you find what you are looking for here hug.gif

emma hug.gif

#8 lost_and_alone

lost_and_alone
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

K'Jan.. welcome to AS
I am still relatively new myself and struggling to feel at ease posting on the boards..guess it will get easier as time passes....
I have very quickly realised that there are a lovely bunch of people here,all friendly and compassionate...
You will see this soon enough...
good luck with your journey..

#9 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:11 PM

welcome, you're not alone throb.gif
hug.gif

#10 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 10:09 AM

Welcome K'Jan

I am so glad you found this site. I hope it will be to you what it has been for me. Just knowing that this place is here, and that I can come here anytime I want to and reach understanding ears, is a big comfort. I cannot tell you how long it takes, or if it ever does end, I am 62, I don't struggle as often, and now I know that everytime I am down, or depressed or insecure, it means another opportunity for me to be healed in another area and to grow. Now I do not try to avoid it, I do not try to get around it, I just go through it, except now I know I will not only survive, but be better and stronger, and so will you. Here nobody is rushing you, nobody is trying to tell you how to feel or what to feel or when to get over it. Survivors are truly special people.

Heavensent throb.gif throb.gif hug.gif hug.gif throb.gif throb.gif

#11 baillie

baillie

Afraid of shadows

• 102 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:54 PM

Welcome K'Jan throb.gif

I know how you feel. I too am 42yrs old. I was r*ped by a guy I had been dating for a long time when I was 24. I put it in the back of my mind until I hurt my back a couple of years later. The pain from the injury as well as the feeling of vunerability sent me into a tailspin. I started having severe anxiety attacks and because very reclusive. I was afraid to be out somewhere alone, especially after dark. Every man I saw seemed to be a potential assailant. I would have anxiety attacts at the mall or anywhere that a lot of other people would be. The pain medication didn't help that feeling either because it gave me even less control.....

I hope you get to feeling better. Lately, I have been having a hard time dealing with the past as well. Sometimes it just seems like it rears it's ugly head so we can deal with it once again. I keep hopeing that by this happening, it is God's way of helping me heal.... hug.gif hug.gif

Edited by baillie, 01 November 2004 - 10:08 PM.

#12 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:10 PM

Welcome. I hope that this wonderful place can help in some small way on your healing journey .. hug.gif hug.gif

#13 SheShy

SheShy
  • 361 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:26 PM

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Hi and welcome. This is a very special place full of very
special people. throb.gif

Christy greet.gif