Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hey Everybody

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 heartsicksad

heartsicksad

No Day but Today

• 577 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:56 PM

Hi,
I am so grateful that I found this place. I feel like I found it just in time. I feel so alone and unsupported right now, mainly because I am having a hard time with nightmares and flashbacks and I have no one to talk to. No one knows about my past, not even my husband. And I don't think I will ever be able to get the courage to tell him. Or anyone for that matter. I'm not even comfortable writing about my experiences yet, actually having to verbalize it terrifies me.
I'm 26 years old and am recently married. My husband and I have been together for 6 years and he is the only man I ever allowed to be close to me. He is such a wonderful man and those are two words I never thought I could say, wonderful man. He calms me when I have an anxiety attack and doesn't get upset when I freak out if he touches my face, neck or shoulders. He makes me feel loved.
I am so happy to be a part of this group, I look forward to getting to know all of you.
*tuesday*

#2 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:08 PM

Welcome to the forum, Tuesday. This is indeed a wonderful place to be for those in need. The warmth and caring here is unbeatable. The people are so supportive and, since most of us come from a similar background, you will find them almost like family before very long. smile.gif

hug.gif

Ardatha

#3 SheShy

SheShy
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:46 PM

Hi Tuesday

I am so glad you found your way here. It is such a safe and warm place to come. I hope you find what you need here. I too have a wonderful husband and the hardest thing I ever did was tell him about my past. He has been there for me every step of the way. He helped me find the courage to get into counseling. The day I found this site was the first time that I felt like I truely fit in. The People here are a God send. Remember hun, your not alone anymore.
throb.gif throb.gif hug.gif hug.gif throb.gif throb.gif

Christy greet.gif

#4 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:57 AM

Welcome ... I hope that this place can help in some small way towards your own healing journey .. hug.gif hug.gif

#5 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:21 PM

greet.gif
welcome and hugs hug.gif

#6 lost_and_alone

lost_and_alone
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:33 PM

Hi tuesday... welcome to after silence...it shouldn't take you long to settle in and get to know everybody...

good luck in your journey!!

#7 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

Welcome Tuesday,
This is a nice warm place to be. We are here when you need us. come back regularly and let us know how you are.
I've been there where you are, and I know it is difficult. Take gentle care of yourself hug.gif hug.gif smile.gif hug.gif hug.gif

#8 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

((((((Tuesday))))))))

Welcome to AS honey...hug.gif

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

#9 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*