Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hey there!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 11:11 AM

Hello everyone,

My name is Lindy and I am 26 years old and a survivor of childhood sexual abuse by my paternal grandfather and survivor of acquaintance rape 3 years ago. I am the webmistress of http://survivor.inherpalm.com/

Let me tell you a little about myself.

Name: Lindy
Hometown: Philadelphia

I work in a real estate office as an assistant and am currently in Nursing School part-time. I live alone in an apartment with my very mischievous cat Shadow.

I am easy to get along with, a great friend, funny, stubborn, shy, caring and generous. I am also depressed but that's another subject.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Lindy

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Lindy]

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,371 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 03:24 PM

Hey Lindy,

it's great to see you here, I hope you'll stay with us smile.gif!

#3 Lilea

Lilea

Tender Heart

• 858 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 12:44 PM

Hi Lindy... welcome. Fellow Pennsylvanian and nursing student here! Ha... imagine that... just wanted to welcome you, very sorry you have a reason to be here also. But if you ever need to commisserate about nursing school, or anything else, please feel free to PM me! smile.gif

#4 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 01:55 PM

Thanks guys for the warm welcome smile.gif

#5 Catherine

Catherine

Clarity Seeker

• 731 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:02 PM

Welcome to our group

Hey lindy, I am sorry you have a reason to be here, but so glad you found this group, I have been a member since July this year, and it has been my lifeline.
Hope you settle down here quickly, everyone is so supportive, when you are ready, feel free to vent anything.

Take care, Love catherine

#6 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:08 PM

Hi Lindy

Welcome to our group, I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here, but this is a place full of supportive people always willing to listen.

Wendy

#7 Guest_mand76uk_*

Guest_mand76uk_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2003 - 09:04 AM

Hi Lindy,

Looking forward to getting to know you too, I know you will find this to be a safe supportive group.

Amanda

#8 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:07 AM

Thank you all for your wonderful replies. It means a lot to me smile.gif

Hugs,

Lindy

#9 Guest_San_*

Guest_San_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:25 AM

Hey Lindy I have been reading your posts and you are a really sweet, supportive person. So glad you are here!
San

#10 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 10:32 AM

(((San)))

Thank you for your kind reply. I'm very happy to be here meeting all you wonderful souls.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#11 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:43 PM

Hi Lindy Gal I MISS YOU DOLL! I'll call you soon I promise. So glad to know this place is filled with so many smiling faces. smile.gif