Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Girl

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lilyism

lilyism

Lindsaylily

• 176 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:31 PM

I was browsing the internet for a research paper I am doing on the topic of the psychological effects of rape on an individual. My searches led me here. I am a survivor of sexual abuse myself, and it has recently come back to haunt me again. I hope I can help those who need it, and I hope that I can find the support I need here.

Lindsay

#2 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:43 PM

hug.gif Lindsay! throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif throb.gif

It's SO wonderful to have you here at the board sweetie! Thank you for joining 'After Silence'! We sure hope you find this board to be as supportive as you need! Biggest Hugs! If you ever need anything please be sure to let any one of the administrators know okay sweetie?

Love Always, Haullie

P.S. Welcome Welcome Welcome!

#3 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:37 PM

Welcome to After Silence, Lindsay! This is a very warm and caring place. With your desire to help, I am sure you'll fit right in. There are some pretty wonderful folks here who will do their utmost to try to help you along your healing journey. Travel safely and treat yourself kindly.

hug.gif

Ardatha

#4 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:39 PM

hug.gif we have many wonderful Lindsay's on this board! Yay! thumbsup.gif

#5 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:58 PM

((((Lindsay))))

Welcome to AS honey. hug.gif

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

#6 lost_and_alone

lost_and_alone
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:36 AM

Hi Lindsey...

WELCOME !!!!!!

I am sure you will find everything you need here at AS

#7 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:51 PM

((((Lindsay))))

Hello sweetness and welcome to After Silence. I hope you find support and encouragement here as I have.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#8 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

Welcome to this group Lindsay.

I'm glad that you stumbled here and found us. Hope that you find this place as supportive as I have.

Wendy

#9 lilyism

lilyism

Lindsaylily

• 176 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:34 PM

Thank you everybody for your warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

#10 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:17 PM

hi and welcome throb.gif