Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Another Newbie!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill

I am me!

• 184 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:59 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Jill. I'm new to this site as well. It's nice to see there are so many members and so much activity on this site. I'm glad that I stumbled upon it! Still learning how to navigate through here, so please bear with me?!

I am a survivor of physical battery and rape. My attack took place a year ago, by someone I was dating at the time. I am scheduled to go to trial this week. It has been postponed so many times I've lost count. Now that it is finally really here, I'm feeling anxious and very vulnerable. It feels like being victimized all over again...and the process has hardly begun. I can almost see the finish line and yet the thought of having to relive the details makes me ill. I'm praying for some closure this week, the ability to stay calm and clear throughout the trial, justice, and that my case be one that is added to the list of positive statistics. clover.gif
Thanks for giving me a safe place to vent! ~Jill

#2 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:03 PM

((((Jill))))

Welcome to AS sweetie. hug.gif

Please remember that it is very brave and courageous to go to court for this, your not alone, were here for you.

((((Safe Hugs))))

Donna =)

#3 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:37 AM

Welcome to AS, glad we can be here to help you vent and I hope in someway it will help you in your healing journey .. Good luck in court and if you get stressed just think about all of us out there supporting you in mind if not in body, you are far from bring alone hug.gif ... Take care of yourself ... hug.gif

#4 Jill

Jill

I am me!

• 184 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:02 PM

Thank you ALL for such a warm welcome and your words of encouragement!!!! I'm so glad I stumbled on this site smile.gif

#5 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:26 PM

Jill,

Welcome to the forum sweetie. We hope that you will find comfort and hope to move on with your Survival here. It's good to know you are reaching out now in a good time, a very fresh time in your Aftermath. It means so much to us that you can get there. And if there is anything at all that you need to talk about please let us listen to you. That is what we are here for. Biggest Hugs and welcome!

Love, Haullie hug.gif

#6 Jill

Jill

I am me!

• 184 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:34 PM

You all are just blowing me away!! I'm just overwhelmed by emotion....guess I've supressed alot of it. I think I'm feeling joy and sadness at the same time right now and I'm trying to filter through it. It is just so comforting to receive such a warm welcome. I cannot wait to tell my support group about this site and all the wonderful people in it!!!! With thanks! Jill

#7 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:37 PM

Jill

Welcome to the board sweeite!

I was experiencing domestic violence in a relationship which ended in rape. I've not had the opportunity to meet another woman from a similar path. I am really sorry you had to go through it all...I'm glad you have come here for support! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Lots of luck,

Jennifer

#8 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 01:40 AM

Hi Jill,

Welcome to the board hon. Just wanna say that I admire you for your courage to come this far. I wish you well for the court closure and do know that you have us behind you. hug.gif hug.gif

storm.

#9 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:40 AM

Hi and Welcome! greet.gif
hope you find comfort being here, and hope the court date goes well for you, you're very courageous throb.gif

#10 lost_and_alone

lost_and_alone
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:55 AM

Hi and welcome.... good luck and best wishes!!

#11 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:23 PM

Welcome Jill,
Hope you find what you need here. Just knowing that this outlet is here has been good for me. My motto has been "If you think you've reached the end of your rope, tie a knot and Hang-on. Hope the trial will be blessing for you. Sometimes it takes nasty medicine to effect a cure. throb.gif hug.gif hug.gif greet.gif

#12 Jill

Jill

I am me!

• 184 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:44 PM

Hello again my new friends!
Well, I endured my first day of the trial. Being on that witness stand was by far the one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. I think the only thing that tops it is the night of my attack. I was told by the District Attorney that everything should be wrapped up by tomorrow and I cannot wait to have this piece behind me.
It is so very difficult to relax, knowing that the outcome of this is so beyond my control. I am sickened by the "story" that the defense has created! I pray that the jurors will have the wisdom strength to shuffle through all the ridiculous lies and crap in order to bring this unhealthy man to justice. Regardless of the outcome, at least I can put my head down on my pillow each night knowing that I was strong, courageous, did my best up there, and told the truth!!!! Thank you all for the prayers, words of wisdom, love and support. I could feel your presense there today. It truly was knowing that I was not alone....all the love, support and prayers from family and friends that helped me find the strength to get through my testimony. Love, Jill
The light at the end of this tunnel is shining brighter by the minute. And I'm eager to embrace it!!!

#13 -Nicole-

-Nicole-

Be Still

• Contributing Member
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:51 PM

You are a stong, beautiful person, Jill! Brilliant, just brilliant.

I am so proud of you and in awe. You did a great job, you are so brave. Your confidence radiates from that post. You are not alone...

Well done thumbsup.gif

#14 relsom

relsom
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:57 PM

Welcome and I am so proud of you for getting through the day with dignity. I hope that it was empowering for you, and I know that if you can do this, you will have the strength to do anything that comes your way.

Huge Hug!!
Robin

#15 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

dance.gif hammer.gif dance.gif Congratulations Jill
I am so happy. I feel so angry and sad when I read some of the letters, and when I think about what this does to us. You made my day just to know that somebody is giving them a hard time. We may not win all of the battles, but we will win the war. Again I say thank you for making my day. hug.gif tongue.gif