Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Another Newbie!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:01 AM

I hope its not been too bad a time for you and I hope that the jury see sense ...Thinking about you .. hug.gif

#17 Jill

Jill

I am me!

• 184 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:06 AM

Hello Everyone!

Well, this piece of my life has finally come to a close. I cannot express the relief I feel!!!

The jury found him guilty of only one charge, the domestic battery. All other charges were found to be not guilty. His sentence was for a mere 364 days, and he served exactly that. He is not a US citizen, so there is an immigration hold on him and because of that, he was not released last night. He was held in custody and now has to deal INS. There is a possibility that they will deport him. The prosecutor is going to help me so I can stay abreast of that situation.

I know that he definitely got his monies worth out of his defense attorney's and that they were merely doing their job. I feel that my attorney did an incredible job as well. I am grateful for her and for my advocate!!!!! It is sad to me how our judicial system operates. And I have learned more this week than I ever wanted to know.

Before sentencing I was provided an opportunity to speak and I must say that I am so glad I did. It was the most liberating moment of my life!!!!!! I spoke to him face to face, eye to eye! And told him that what he received tonight was the "deal of a lifetime" and that I hoped he was grateful! I told him that the only two people in the courtroom this week that knew the absolute truth were he and I. And that I spoke the truth!!!! And that if he believed that he did as well, then he is more sick than I knew. And that it really didn't matter. That he has robbed me of the last year of my life and that he would never take anything from me ever again!!! I told him that...one day he will have his day with his higher power and that is what matters. I also thanked him for teaching me invaluable lessons about myself and what I deserve and what I will never, ever allow anyone to do to me again! I also thanked him for teaching me part of my purpose on this earth.....to protect myself and others from him (and people like him) and that I will continue my journey and support other victims so they can find the strength to protect themselves by finding the courage to do what I did here this week!

So, now I may close this chapter and embrace all the greatness that life has in store for me.

Thank you, all of you...for your prayers, love, friendship and support. I could not have made it through this week without each of you! With love and many many thanks!!! Warmly, Jill