Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hey Everyone

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 aliste

aliste
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

hey everyone,
i am 24 years old, married, and its been 5 years since I was raped. I am here to hopefully find a great support network, and to be understood.
I was , about a year ago, dealing with everything , and doing well. However, since I have been married (about a year), I have gone downhill. I stopped writing in my journal, and it just seems like I have gotten more depressed every day. I was a member of another online support group and then one day it just wasnt there anymore! Well, I hope to hear from someone,
take care

#2 LUCY

LUCY
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

Hi there and welcome,

This is a great site, everyone is really friendly and supportive. I came here for support when I struggled to deal with abuse, I was ten and sexually assaulted by my mothers boyfriend many times.

I am sorry for what happened to you.

take care lucy

#3 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:54 PM

Welcome to AS ... I hope that being here can help on your healing journey .. hug.gif

#4 lost_and_alone

lost_and_alone
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

hi and welcome...I am sure you will get the help and support here that you need...

#5 Wanda1234

Wanda1234

No Longer Alone

• 190 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

Welcome to After Silence. smile.gif

#6 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:05 PM

Hi Aliste,

Welcome to AS. I don't think this place is going away for a while, so hopefully you can begin your healing journey here,

hug.gif

Ardatha

#7 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:55 PM

WELCOME greet.gif
I hope you can continue on your road to healing...
This is a great place for support

Butterfly hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

#8 -Nicole-

-Nicole-

Be Still

• Contributing Member
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:32 PM

Aliste -

Welcome! I am glad you have found AS, but not that you needed to be here.

I am also 24 and married. I was raped about 5-6 years ago, the exact dates escape me. I have also had many problems dealing with everything and trying to handle a marriage. I also suffer from depression. I have recently been able to pick myself up after a long and horrible bout with depression.

Hope that you will feel comfortable here and that you will post more. This board has been a big help to me. We are here for you always.

hug.gif

#9 Jill

Jill

I am me!

• 184 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:42 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site as well. It's nice to see there are so many members and so much activity on this site. I'm glad that I stumbled upon it!

I am a survivor of physical battery and rape. My attack took place a year ago, by someone I was dating at the time. I am scheduled to go to trial this week. It has been postponed so many times I've lost count. Now that it is finally really here, I'm feeling anxious and very vulnerable. It feels like being victimized all over again...and the process has hardly begun. I can almost see the finish line and yet the thought of having to relive the details makes me ill. I'm praying for some closure this week, the ability to stay calm and clear throughout the trial, and that my case might be one that is added to the list of positive statistics. Thanks for giving me a safe place to vent! ~Jill

#10 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:05 PM

(((((Aliste)))))

Welcome to the board sweetie. hug.gif

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

#11 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:34 PM

Aliste and Jill

Welcome to the board! I hope you find the healing path you are looking for!

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Jennifer

#12 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:38 PM

dance.gif

#13 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 01:33 AM

Hi Aliste,

Welcome to the board hon !!!! This is a wonderful place to begin your journey towards healing...a beautiful family to be amongst. Am sorry about what you went thru but you are not alone.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

storm.

#14 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:38 AM

Hi and Welcome! greet.gif
hope you find comfort being here throb.gif