Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello I Feel Scared And New!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ladybird

ladybird
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:36 PM

hello, i just wanted to introduce myself as i feel very scared and new to this. i have been abused all my life or up until i was 19, i'm 22 now and finally told somebody who got me help, i have been seeing a therapist for 18 months now, and finally, i feel like things will be ok. i was so overwhelmed at finding this site and realising i'm not alone in my troubles, anyway - enough about me, i just wanted to say hi. blink.gif

#2 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:50 PM

No, hun, you're not alone. Welcome to the forum and I am sure you'll find lots of really nice and caring people here. I know how empowering it feels to realize finally that you are not alone. smile.gif

hug.gif

Ardatha

#3 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• Consultant
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:33 PM

You will never be alone here smile.gif . Welcome to the group.

Take gentle care.
Kelly

#4 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:34 PM

WELCOME greet.gif

I'm so glad you found your way here....I'm sorry for what has
happened to you. You are never alone throb.gif

Butterfly hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

#5 -Nicole-

-Nicole-

Be Still

• Contributing Member
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:50 PM

Welcome ladybird hug.gif

You are no longer alone now that you have found AS! I hope you find this place a wonderful help along your healing journey. I know I have.

Welcome again! hug.gif

#6 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:43 PM

Welcome Ladybird,
No, you are not alone. I am so glad that you were brave enough to tell, and get help in therapy so soon. You are on the right track, and we are all here for you. greet.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#7 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:55 AM

Welcome to AS, I hope that being here can help in your healing journey .. hug.gif

#8 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 02:04 PM

(((((Ladybird))))))

Welcome to AS honey. hug.gif

Im sorry that you have a reason to be here but i am glad that you found this group. Post away and know that we are here for you... hug.gif hug.gif

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

#9 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 06:38 PM

welcome to the boards greet.gif
hope we can all help throb.gif

#10 Guest_SiempreSelena_*

Guest_SiempreSelena_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:09 AM

hug.gif welcome mia hug.gif
you are and will never be alone.
Glad that you found this forum, but sorry what happed.