Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pippi

Pippi
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:58 AM

I was born in MA and moved to CA at a young age. I have moved all around Orange County and Northern CA. I am a photographer, well, trying to be one. I just found out about Rainn and than found this site. I thought it would be help full to talk to other people who have been threw similar issues along with a counselor. I was relived to see there is a place to talk to others. But in the feeling sad that there needed to be a place at all. Not many of my freinds talk about what they have gone threw. Like the person who made this wonderful site, I too want to make a difference, during and after I deal with my abuse.

#2 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:09 PM

Hi Pippi,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you have a need to be here but I'm very glad you found us. I know how much it meant to me to find the company of others who've been where I've been and experienced what I've experienced. I've always known I wasn't (couldn't be) the only person in the world to experience what I have but that was kind of like only intellectual knowledge. Finding others to talk with has helped me be a lot easier on myself. smile.gif

By the way, I'm now in NY (western, near Rochester) but I'm originally from northern California. As much as I like New York, I still miss my Humboldt County. I suppose I always will. Again, welcome to After Silence!

hug.gif

Ardatha

#3 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:25 PM

Welcome, I hope that this place can help you on your healing journey .. hug.gif

#4 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:37 PM

Welcome.. hug.gif

You do make a difference just by sharing your expeirence with others.

I hope you find what you need here.

Butterfly hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

#5 -Nicole-

-Nicole-

Be Still

• Contributing Member
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:58 PM

Welcome Pippi hug.gif

Finding this site was so important to me as part of my healing journey. I hope that it can help you as much as it has me.

Welcome again! hug.gif

#6 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:59 PM

(((((Pippi)))))

Welcome to the board sweetie, post as much as you would like and know that we are here for you. hug.gif

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

#7 Pippi

Pippi
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 02:36 PM

Thank you for all your support and encouraging words. Now I know why there are so many members. It feels good to talk openly about this with people who understand.

#8 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 06:38 PM

welcome to the boards greet.gif
hope we can all help throb.gif