Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Just Saying Hello

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lost_and_alone

lost_and_alone
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:38 PM

[COLOR=purple] unsure.gif Hi..I'm another one who stumbled across this site during a BAD sleepless night..!!!!
I have only recently acknowledged that the problems in my life are the result of the abuse I suffered as a child.I have no confidense,low self esteem,hate myself, I do not mix with people,never allow anyone to get too close...etc etc.. sad.gif
The only other time I spoke of the abuse was when I was 15 and reported the abuser...but after being in care for a few months the case was dropped and i had to go back to them... That totally destroyed my faith in "the system" and people in general....hence it has taken me over 20 years to let it out in the open again..
anyway thats enough for me today...
hello to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all,
Lost_and_alone blink.gif

#2 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:44 PM

(((((Lost_and_alone)))))

Sweeite your now found and not alone, im sorry that you have any reason to be here but i am glad that you found this place.

Feel free to post as much as you would like and know that we are here for you, your not alone.

((((Safe Hugs))))

Donna =)

#3 -Nicole-

-Nicole-

Be Still

• Contributing Member
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:45 PM

Welcome! throb.gif Glad you are here...

I am sorry for what you have had to endure, and how much worse the reactions to it from others have made you feel. I understand how it makes you loose faith in just about everything.

Welcome to the board. This is a safe place, you are not alone. Keep posting as you feel comfortable, we are here to listen and help!

#4 Guest_searchforlight_*

Guest_searchforlight_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:11 PM

Hello, lost_and_alone hug.gif

I'm another newbie,I've been here for only a few days but have already found this site to be of tremendous support and a place to release feelings without being judged.I truly hope you find this site to be as helpful.

I am so sorry for the pain your feeling right now hug.gif

Love and Light
Michelle

#5 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:08 PM

Welcome Lost and Alone:

So sorry that you were so hurt. Glad you found your way here. Hope you will feel not so lost and alone now that you know that we feel with you and for you. cry.gif

Be gentle with yourself. We are here and listening hug.gif hug.gif

#6 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2004 - 07:10 AM

WELCOME hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif
I'm glad you found your way here.
Healing is hard..but this place helps...take good care

Butterfly hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

#7 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 12:56 PM

Heylo greet.gif

hope you find the boards a great source of comfort and help,
hugz, fieryfaerie
throb.gif hug.gif throb.gif

#8 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 02:10 PM

throb.gif hug.gif you aren't alone anymore hon.

The system isn't adequately equipped to deal with these sort of problems. There are still a lot of steps we need to take to ensure the protection of survivors and adequate punishment and/or treatment for victimizers.

I'm sorry for what happened to you as a child. I hope you can find some comfort and support here with us. smile.gif

hug.gif

#9 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:36 AM

Well I hope that you won't feel lost and alone here .. welcome to AS, and I hope that this place can help on your healing journey .. hug.gif

#10 Guest_SiempreSelena_*

Guest_SiempreSelena_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:17 AM

hug.gif lost_and_alone hug.gif
I know how you fell. you're afraid for those who get to close and then find out will leave you. Well that may happen a few times...but it wont happen alot.
Don't blame yourself...it's not your fault. No matter what.
Don't hate yourself...you have alot of people who love you and care for you...no matter how alone you fell.
You may not beable to trust now...but give it time it will come back.
tons of huggies to you hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif