Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hello Everyone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_searchforlight_*

Guest_searchforlight_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:57 PM

Hi there
Oh boy am I glad I have found my way here! I had a little difficulty finding a survivors board-not sure if I was looking in the wrong place or what-but I'm very happy I am here now.

Well lets see I'll start with my name, Michelle, I'm 28 I am a mother to two boys nearly 2 and nearly 5, they are the light and loves of my life they have taught me many things, faith, joy, beauty, and of course PATIENCE-being the little firecrackers that they are anyway they are my life and I adore them. I am also a student 2nd yr BA/psy major.My interests are, spirituality, reading and more reading, crosstitch,embriodory,leadlighting,ceramics,egg art and pyrography-not that I'm particuarly good at any of them but I enjoy them and they are quite carthartic for me.

Now for the other stuff, I'm an adult survivor of physical,sexual,emotional abuse and neglect from both my mother and father. I have done alot of work towards healing this began at 18, lots of reading, counselling and some more counselling and innerchild workshops. I thought I was over all of it and its recently come back to bite me in the bum so obviously I believe there is something more I need to learn or heal.

So with that being said I will soon make my way to the other boards but first I will read the other posts here so I can get to know you all, I hope to meet and make new friends here and to be a friend as well. I am thankful for a place like this but at the same time I find it ironic that the best support, kindness, and friendship can come from strangers perhaps to understand and talk about these issue's you must first go through them? I dont know but thanks again for listening.

#2 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:07 PM

welcome hug.gif
i'm glad you've found us and i hope you find what you are looking for here

emma hug.gif

#3 lavendar

lavendar
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

Welcome smile.gif I'm another newbie.

#4 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2004 - 07:37 PM

WELCOME greet.gif greet.gif

Butterfly hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

#5 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

[COLOR=blue]Welcome greet.gif

There is plenty of support here. I am also interested in spirituality. Does it ever end is a good question for the poll. I can assure you that it gets better but it's an upward spiral.

I'll be seeing you around the board... hug.gif

#6 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:43 AM

Welcome to the board Michelle!!! hug.gif

storm.

#7 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:00 AM

I hope that this place can help in your healing journey .. hug.gif

#8 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:15 AM

hi and welcome to the boards greet.gif
throb.gif hug.gif throb.gif

#9 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:02 PM

(((((((Michelle))))))))

Welcome to the board sweetie. hug.gif

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

#10 Guest_searchforlight_*

Guest_searchforlight_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

Hello again

Thankyou all for the warm and receptive welcome!
I hope to get to know you all a little better!
Have a nice day!

Michelle