Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Offical Introduction

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lavendar

lavendar
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:47 PM

Hi!

I am a single mom of a wonderful, bright, happy, glorious four-year-old. She is everything I wish I was and I am doing everything in my power to keep her happy and safe smile.gif throb.gif kitty.gif

I'm fourty-two years old and just got divorced last week. Yup -- the papers were signed last Monday. Hey, today is me on week anniversary greet.gif

If you go over to read my "offical" story you'll discover this is my second go-round at dealing with this stuff. So I've got myself all sattled up on my horse I'm ready for the ride... I know it can get wild.

I work full time and manage a pretty large, high profile department. I'm a little afraid of the effects this jouney is going to have my career. But what kind of career will I have if I really let this stuff beat me?

I firmly believe that God hasn't gotten me this far along to let me fail. No, remember what Gene Krantz said as the brave men of Apollo 13 circled the moom with little hope of getting home... FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

This is my life and gosh darn-it -- FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!! pray.gif clapping.gif

Edited by lavendar, 04 October 2004 - 01:49 PM.

#2 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,067 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:35 PM

Welcome to After Silence, Lavendar! I hope you find what you need here. hug.gif Feel free to jump in when you are ready.

Hugs,
Kelly

(and four year old girls are really fun throb.gif .... hmm.gif did yours shove a blue bead up her nose too? blink.gif duh.gif )

#3 SheShy

SheShy
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:57 PM

Hi Lavendar!
I hope you find being hereas helpful as I do.
Little girls are so much fun....I have a 2 year old who goes around telling me she is the princess smile.gif

hug.gif hug.gif
SheShy

#4 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:49 PM

WELCOME greet.gif greet.gif
You sound so positive tongue.gif I enjoyed reading your introduction.
"Failure is not an option" I love that. thumbsup.gif
I have a 15 almost 16 yr old girl blink.gif
She can be so wonderful...but she can also be sooo 15 smile.gif cry.gif mad.gif tongue.gif

Anyway Welcome ... hug.gif

Butterfly hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

#5 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 08:58 PM

(((((Lavendar)))))))

Welcome to the board sweetie. smile.gif

Children are so wonderful, I cant say i have my own children, but i do have nieces and nephews that i love like their my own, so i can see exactly what you mean about little ones. smile.gif

Anyhow, welcome again! Please post as much as you would like and know that we are here for you always... hug.gif

(((Welcoming Hugs)))

Donna =)

#6 megan

megan
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 09:11 PM

greet.gif Hi Lavendar!

Welcome...I'm going through a divorce, too...and much of it relates to my issues with my past.

Meg

#7 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:02 AM

Hope that here helps in yur healing journey ..

#8 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:16 AM

hi and welcome to the boards, and I agree, failure isn't an option, lol
throb.gif hug.gif throb.gif

#9 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:08 PM