Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_spinifer_*

Guest_spinifer_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:05 AM

hiye evrybody, dance.gif
I'm new ere.I was browsing thru the internet about the topic when found my way ere.
Well, I'm ere because my girlfriend. She was raped around a year ago and until today seems to be in a lot of stress. It's hurt for me to see her this way. I've tried to help and talk to her but my lack of experience and short of know-how limits my ability to reach and help her. Somtimes I ended up hurting her feeling and mine also.
I hope you all can help to tell me what should I do and shouldn't do to make her happy again. All I want is for her to put the bad past behind and live her life fully..

#2 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:20 AM

welcome and i hope that you find what you're looking for here throb.gif

#3 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:59 AM

You are a good friend smile.gif throb.gif
I'm not sure what advise to give you, except to just be there for her with
love a support of what she's going through. I do know that she
needs to be the one to reach out for help and find support through
others who have been through the same thing.
I hope she does throb.gif

Butterfly hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

#4 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 09:16 AM

Hi,
I was just on here last night ranting and angry because, after a person is raped or sexually abused, the perpetrator gets more support than the victim. It is comforting to know that there are people out there who understand that it is really traumatic. The first thing that I would tell you is that you can't fix it. Be a good listener, and I know that you are sorry that it happened to her, so tell her. You can tell her about this website. and otherwise just continue to be supportive and patient. smile.gif

#5 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:27 PM

I wish the world had more friends and people like you, I hope that this place can help you both find the path that you can follow ... Being there is a huge step for us victims ... More than some people realize sometimes .. Good luck and I hope your friend finds her healing journey .. hug.gif

#6 Guest_spinifer_*

Guest_spinifer_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:36 PM

My hope also..
I'd told her about this website, hope she'll drop by. You all are a better person to listen to her than I am. Anyway,hope i can find somthing here to be a better listener than I am now. smile.gif

#7 Guest_SiempreSelena_*

Guest_SiempreSelena_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:31 AM

welcome.
well all I can say is just give her sometime and when she is ready to talk just listen and be there for her...which seems like you already are smile.gif