Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Looking In A Mirror

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Atlantis

Atlantis
  • Contributing Member
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:59 PM

What a great post there D. Being an ex-dressmaker, I've just made you up a virtual reflective piece of armour to wear, as a gift from me to say Thank You. Stay strong and wear this reflective coat of armour with pride - you deserve it for helping so many.

Atlantis

#17 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

Ooooh! Goody, I LOVE armor!! Can you mahe me a virtual shield and sword too? THAT would just be too cool! LOL
Blessings my friend, what a perfect gift! "D"

#18 Atlantis

Atlantis
  • Contributing Member
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

No problem, consider it virtually done and would you like a chariot as well? that might take a bit more time, as my skills are a bit rusty at the moment. smile.gif

Atlantis

#19 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:01 PM

Thanks but grace is not my middle name, so how 'bout just a big black horse in armor,eh?! laugh.gif
Nothing like the warrior wrecking his own chariot to ruin his rep ! duh.gif
Blessings "D"

#20 Atlantis

Atlantis
  • Contributing Member
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:35 PM

You drive a hard bargain there, but okay I'll take that challenge on, but I'll leave you to feed it. I think it will like virtual hay, but as it is coming from Scotland, I think Neeps and Tatties might go down better. wink.gif

Atlantis

#21 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

icon_roflmao.gif rofl3.gif friends2.gif
Yeah well, what's one more horse to feed! duh.gif
Neeps and tatties huh, think Florida horses would go for it? It's gotta be cheaper! LOL
You my dear are a godess over the virtual world! bow.gif
Blessings,"D"

#22 sueellen

sueellen
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for the post Determined. It hits a healing place within me. Not meaning to take over your thread, but I have recently and forever, been working on this self-blame issue. It is slowly coming to me that the blame is not mine. But this has left me with this terribly empty spot within. I no longer know who I am. I now need to begin finding that out.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Sue

#23 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(sueellen @ Sep 22 2007, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the post Determined. It hits a healing place within me. Not meaning to take over your thread, but I have recently and forever, been working on this self-blame issue. It is slowly coming to me that the blame is not mine. But this has left me with this terribly empty spot within. I no longer know who I am. I now need to begin finding that out.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Sue

In the beginning and at times I still feels this way too. But daily it's filling with love instead.
Blessings, Stacey

#24 michaelmac

michaelmac
  • M. Member
  • 413 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:16 AM

Great thread determined 1, This is what i tell my friends when they are feeling down, Every morning go into the bathroom and look into the mirror and say i am lovely what happened was not my fault, And in time you will believe it, Because you all are love michael

#25 Want to Survive

Want to Survive
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:06 AM

D,
Your words are always so inspirational!Where do you get your stregnth,courage,and Determination?
Since I was old enough to understand what "fault"meant,I have always seen myself as the one at fault.
When I was little,my dress was too short,or I shouldn`t have hugged him,or why did I have to go to the barn to see the pony...........and now it`s,why did I go in that mans house,I`m 33 years old,I knew better!!!!!
So,I look forward to one day knowing,and believing for myself what you wrote.
Oh how wonderful it would be to believe I did nothing wrong. cry.gif

#26 fall

fall
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

you made me cry - again - but that is okay it means I won't blubber to the next person who says "have a nice day"

honestly when I read your posts especially one like this i just want to scream I Love you

somehow you challenge me in a good way hmm.gif buttkick.gif

THANKS

#27 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Want to Survive @ Oct 21 2007, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D,
Your words are always so inspirational!Where do you get your stregnth,courage,and Determination?
Since I was old enough to understand what "fault"meant,I have always seen myself as the one at fault.
When I was little,my dress was too short,or I shouldn`t have hugged him,or why did I have to go to the barn to see the pony...........and now it`s,why did I go in that mans house,I`m 33 years old,I knew better!!!!!
So,I look forward to one day knowing,and believing for myself what you wrote.
Oh how wonderful it would be to believe I did nothing wrong. cry.gif

Even I get down and scared at times, I just have a hard time accepting that I need help. Mostly my confidence wavers over being a good mom, damnit! What the hell do I do? Maybe because my teen years were so fucked up whenever he even acts depressed or lacks self esteem , I start to freak! I just don't want to "break him"! But he's 14 and from minute to minute I'm F*cking lost! I don't know which way to go , I'm petrified I'm gonna ruin his life, or he'll commit suicide cause I'm a horrible mom , or...BAH!!
I don't know, I'm just F*cking scared man!
"D"

#28 jillian57

jillian57
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:54 AM

thanks for the post D. I was browsing through some of the older stuff on here and came across this,i really needed to hear this tonight. much love. hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

#29 littlelaurie

littlelaurie
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

What a great thread! I'm really glad I ventured into this area and read this post--very empowering!

Thank you for sharing smile.gif

Laurie penguin.gif