Jump to content

Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

It's Too Late

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Malt123_*

  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2004 - 09:32 PM

Any one know how I can get away from some real quack people. Since I am 51 and and do not have any one really I am being used by some real quacks. I can't get any real help for anything and this quack doctor I went to today for a physical for work told me it was too late he was telling me I have pain in my abdomen when I don't I think they are trying to kill me. I know that there are people that will not help any one if they think they have any psych problems. I think these quacks are pretending to be professionals and they are just real quacks. But they can be dangerous. They use the Hospice to get rid of people. If any one knows anyone that can help, please let me know soon. I am not crazy and this is for real

#2 DarkSparkle


    strange little girl

  • Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:31 PM

Psych problems are medical. Doctors treat medical problems. Any doctor who will not treat someone because they have a medical problem needs to have their liscense revoked. Now, I know that alot of problems a doctor should refer to someone who specializes in psychology, just as you would refer someone to a gastroenterologist or an oncologist, but anyone who wholly refuses to treat you because they think you have a psychological problem must have gone to school in the dark ages. If you think going to the doctor is making you worse- STOP GOING. There are free clinics in all cities- I assume you are in the US, I don't know about anywhere else, though I'm sure Britain has even more- and though these have some drawbacks- like having a different doctor everytime you go, long lines, paperwork, stuff like that, I strongly recommend that you try to find one. They cannot put you in Hospice against your will unless someone has power of attorney over you, which you would have had to sign away or else there would have been a court hearing. If you think you have a serious medical problem that needs immediate attention, such as you need surgery or believe you are in danger of dying, go to the ER. They are required by law to treat you without regard for whether you can pay for it or not.