Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

I'm New

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Elisah_*

Guest_Elisah_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:15 PM

I just found this board two days ago. It looks like a wonderful haven. I am a survivor of acquaintance rape and I have buried it for many years. I'm in therapy right now and I'm dealing with it for the first time in my life. It's harder than I thought it would be to face all the memories and the fears. It's like reliving it and I have found myself in the same place that I was back then....scared, ashamed, anorexic, hating myself. I'm trying to work through all that and I hope I can find a home here, too. It seems like a wonderful, supportive place.

#2 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:34 PM

(((((Elisah)))))

Welcome to AS sweetie. hug.gif

I was also raped by an acquaintance so your not alone. hug.gif

Everybody is so very wonderful here, please make yourself comfy and post as much as you'd like.

((((((Safe Hugs)))))))

Donna =)

#3 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:42 PM

Hii There!

hug.gif Welcome to the family! hug.gif I hope you find the healing path you are looking for! We are here to support you in any way we can!

Best of Luck,

Jen

#4 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:56 PM

welcome and hello
throb.gif

#5 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,069 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:00 PM

Welcome to AS, Elisah! I love your name smile.gif .

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with hug.gif

Hugs,
Kelly

#6 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 06:38 AM

Welcome to AS I hope that being here will help you on your healing journey hug.gif

#7 longsleeves

longsleeves

Soul Sighs

• 228 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:29 PM

Hi Elisah! Welcome to the board. There are many kind and supportive people here willing to help in anyway we can. Take care.
Angel Longsleeves

#8 eskiers

eskiers
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 02:10 PM

Welcome to After silence hug.gif

#9 Guest_Lutherin_*

Guest_Lutherin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:43 AM

smile.gif hug.gif welcome, I'm going through the same thing except I don't do the consuling thing because in the past people have tried to emplant into my head it was my fault. I hope that the people you are seeing are being kind to you. Good Luck and a speedy recovery (though it looks like if you put it away for many years it well take longer to go away)

Marie

#10 megan

megan
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:49 PM

throb.gif Hi Elisah throb.gif

I relate to your words. I, too, am in therapy and working to deal with the memories of abuse that I'd forgotten or liked to pretend didn't happen. We're here for you.
Hugs, Meg

#11 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:07 PM

WELCOME greet.gif
I can relate to your feelings

Butterfly hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif