Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

General Age Of Forum

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Lutherin_*

Guest_Lutherin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:29 AM

19 her turning 20 in a few more months (Yay! get to have my favorite drink spiced Rum love that stuff) My uncle's starting my drinking age alittle early my boyfriend isn't to happy about that which I really understand.

#32 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:27 AM

I am a Senior citizen

#33 Heavensent

Heavensent
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:35 AM

I am new here, I am 62 years old, but I don't feel that old mentally or physically, emotionally I appreciate my age. I believe that age is not important, the stage is what is important. Sometimes we stay at one stage for a long time, sometimes we miss a year or two.

#34 longsleeves

longsleeves

Soul Sighs

• 228 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:47 AM

Welcome Heavensent. I'm happy you found this forum and hope it' s a help to you.

#35 longsleeves

longsleeves

Soul Sighs

• 228 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:49 AM

I also feel no connection to my age.. The number 22 means nothing to me. I can feel 9 or 90 on the same day. Years are pretty irrelevant to me, somehow my life's broken down differently.

#36 megan

megan
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 02:45 PM

tongue.gif I'm 28...somedays I feel much older...others I feel like I'm 7. Guess it's just part of the ride.

#37 lost_ktc

lost_ktc
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

queenie: I just read your post about lupus. I work for in rheumatology and have done several lupus clinical trials. I can't believe that your co-worker reacted that way! Geez! It's not something that you can "catch" from someone. How stupid! ranting2.gif That really makes me mad. I am going to be doing a peds lupus trial soon (if it ever gets started). Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you!

Take care,
Katie

#38 Louise

Louise

Fighter

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

i wonder if been 36 makes me over the hill then cos will be 37 in a few weeks tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

#39 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:19 PM

I guess everyone turns older each year...prolly just a number to some but it does mark surviving another year for some others too. I thought I'd never see me turning a year older this year but I did....just turned 34 a little over a week ago.

#40 Sasha

Sasha
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:40 PM

I'm in my late 20s
Sasha

Edited by Sasha, 09 May 2007 - 06:22 AM.

#41 SheShy

SheShy
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:07 PM

I remember thinking 30 was old....but now that I am 30 I think I'm just getting started living. smile.gif

#42 BalueMana

BalueMana

Out of the Mist

• 786 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:32 PM

35.... thumbsup.gif

I mean..... 35 hammer.gif

No I mean... 35 ranting2.gif

Balue insane.gif

#43 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:39 PM

Balue,

you are back dance.gif ...I haven't seen you for a while hug.gif w00t.gif

#44 Guest_searchforlight_*

Guest_searchforlight_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:02 PM

Hi There

I'm 28 yrs old. Although I have to agree with some of the other board members, some days I feel like I'm 5 yrs old and other days like 50yrs old but mostly its even keel at almost 30, yikes! I can feel the ageing process coming on strong but the plus side is at 30 and onwards one knows themselves pretty well and thus are more sure of who they are, what they want,etc.This is only my opinion of course.But from that perspective 30 is looking pretty good now lol.

Bye for now
Michelle

#45 lavendar

lavendar
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 07:11 AM

I'm 42