Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Trying to hold on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tatijana_*

Guest_Tatijana_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:22 PM

Hi.My name is Titijana and I don't know if I would call myself an incest/rape survivor because I don't think I'm really surviving.

I'm here to hopefully get better and maybe find peace.

#2 Catherine

Catherine

Clarity Seeker

• 731 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:55 PM

Hi Tatijana, welcome to our group,
don't know if I would call myself an incest/rape survivor because I don't think I'm really surviving

Tatijana, you are a survivor, you have found us, which means you want and are surviving, you are reaching out for help, that is surviving.
I am so glad you have found us, and hope you settle down here quickly.

Take Care
Love Catherine

#3 Guest_tricia_*

Guest_tricia_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:05 PM

Hi tatijana welcome to the group
"I don't know if I would call myself an incest/rape survivor because I don't think I'm really surviving."

tatijana you are a survivor you have survived the rape and incest therefor you are. as someone once told me iam still alive so therfore i am a survivor all i have to do is get stronger.
hope you find what you are looking for here take care

#4 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 01:38 PM

Tatijana,

you are a survivor and you'll make it through this long journey. We are here for you....let's walk this road together!

(((Hugs)))
Verena

#5 Guest_mand76uk_*

Guest_mand76uk_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2003 - 04:14 PM

Hi Tatijana,

Welcome to the group. I am quite new, too, and I have found this to be a safe supportive place.

I hope you do find peace, and I am sure that you are a survivor.

((( Hugs )))

Amanda

#6 Guest_Lost and not yet found_*

Guest_Lost and not yet found_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2003 - 11:35 AM

Tatijana,

I feel the same way. It's been terribly difficult trying to live a "normal" and happy life after going through years of abuse and more years of hiding the truth.

We both found this site...I hope it helps both of us (all of us) find inner peace and the power to survive.