Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Thanks To All...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_LadyButterfly_*

Guest_LadyButterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:50 PM

... who welcomed me when I first posted. I have to apologize as I never posted a reply, however the reason for this is simple: I had forgotten my login (LOL). It took me forever to find the bit of paper that I had written it down on...

I am still unsure how to start. I feel a bit intimidated by the rules and guidelines... don't want to mess it up right from the start, I guess. I have already healed a lot and am not at a very vulnerable place right now, but I find conversation with other women who have made similar experiences to my own helpful in dealing with everyday life issues. I sometimes also get a strong urge to talk about what happened to me, but on the other hand I find it no burden at all to listen to other survivors. In fact I think listening to other survivors (as opposed to talking about myself) has probably furthered my healing more than any other single step I have chosen to take in order to heal.

I have told you nothing about myself... I am 32 (since yesterday LOL), live with my girlfriend and her kids, and hold a part time job which helps me keep my sanity. I was a*used as an adult.

This shall suffice for today, I am unsure how much I am allowed to say in here and also I don't want to bore you guys to death thumbsup.gif

Thanks again for the replies, you are all so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Una

#2 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:17 PM

((((((Una))))))

HAPPY BELATED B'DAY!!!

Honey you can jump in anytime you would like, if your honestly unsure about something posted or just something in general i would just email the moderators or post it in the questions area of the board.

Know that we are here for you and again i hope that your b'day was excellent. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

((((((Hugs))))))

Donna =)

#3 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:26 PM

Happy Belated Birthday Una!! hug.gif

I hope you had a fantastic day smile.gif

Please don't be intimidated by the rules, they are just general guidelines we have written for the protection of the members. I hope you'll find that there is a lot of freedom here and respect for anyone's feelings and point of view. If you have any specific question or doubt feel free to send me or any of the moderators a PM smile.gif

I hope you'll find support and healing here.

Hugs,
Vera

#4 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:35 PM

Una!

Glad to see you got your login all straightened out and are back on!!! I look forward to hearing more from you and am very excited to have you as a new member in our lovely community!

hug.gif

Jen

#5 Guest_LadyButterfly_*

Guest_LadyButterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:19 PM

Just to let you know... I'm going on holiday and won't have access to a PC until next Saturday. I will try to write more regularly upon my return, so we can get to know each other a bit better.

Take good care of yourselves, see you next week...

Hugs Una

#6 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:00 AM

(((Una)))

Happy Belated Birthday!

Have a nice time away and we'll see you when you get back.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#7 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:54 AM

Hope the Holiday went well .. thumbsup.gif