Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Really Nervous

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vengeance

vengeance
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:02 PM

Hi there. I think I might have been a member of this board a long time ago, but I'm not sure.

I'm dealing with some pretty bad issues right now and my old support group has gotten really petty and I just don't feel welcome there.

Anyway, I'm hoping to make some friends here, but because of what happened before I'm going to be reluctant to say anything much for now. I'll work on it.

#2 smurfette

smurfette
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

Vengeance

Welcome, I'm new here too so I can't offer much on the history of this forum, but what I have seen in the short time I have been here is unconditional understanding and acceptance, and I sure hope you stick around and can experience that for yourself. I've been pretty quiet too, not posted much but done a lot of reading, which has helped me feel like I do belong here. It's a long, nasty, twisting road that we all must face, but no one said we had to face it alone. smile.gif If you ever want to talk, I'm almost always around, feel free to give me a shout.

#3 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:54 AM

Welcome, if there is anything that we can help you with please let us know.

Haullie

#4 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:48 AM

(Vengeance) hug.gif
welcome, this is a great place, with real supportive people, and i hope you will find what you are looking for here wub.gif

emma hug.gif

#5 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:34 AM

welcome to the boards
love and huggles throb.gif

#6 longsleeves

longsleeves

Soul Sighs

• 228 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:21 AM

I'm sorry you weren't getting the support you needed before. Hopefully we can do better here!!!! Feel free to PM me anytime. I've only been on board less than a month, but I can def say it's been making a difference to me.
WELCOME!!!! Angel_Longsleeves

#7 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:32 PM

(((((Vengeance)))))

Welcome to the board sweetie. smile.gif

Take your time, please know that when or if your ready to talk we are always willing to listen. hug.gif

(((Hugs)))

Donna =)

#8 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 05:18 PM

Welcome! hug.gif
Daniela.

#9 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:15 PM

WELCOME...IM GLAD YOUR WILLING TO TRY AGAIN.
I THINK YOU'LL FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR HERE

BUTTERFLY hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

#10 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:20 PM

hug.gif Welcome to AS! hug.gif

hug.gif
Jen

#11 vengeance

vengeance
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:03 PM

Just a quick followup. I really like this place and plan on staying here. I still go to the other place, but mostly for people that I came to care about and to see how they are doing.

Thank you for all the support. I really want to post more, but it's tough to find the time lately. I'm hoping to get a schedule going soon.