Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

From Me To You

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

I was thinking, (I try to do it once a day, whether I need it or not! LOL)

So often in a reply especially if it's to do with worthiness or self hate, members will say thank you or i'm sorry to bother you, so I'd like to make things clearer.

You are worthy of attention, love and patience.

It does not make you "less than" to admit your pain.

You are not a fruit loop or a basketcase for hurting.

You are not whining. (unless maybe you stub your toe!) LOL

you are a worthy person, JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.

Your abuse no matter how slight is JUST as important as others because your scars are in your heart, not your body.

You deserve a champion to fight for you.

And friends to care for you when your down.That is the power that heals us, each of us is a simple flame in the dark but together we are a blinding light for those still lost.

When I post that alone means your worthy of love from me.

Blessings sisters & Bro's, your always loved and worried over.

#2 greenangel

greenangel
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

(((((((((determined)))))))) that was sooo nice to read. i dont know if you realize how great it is to read stuff like that, though i guess you do since you wrote it. lol. thanks though. it picked me up a little. smile.gif

#3 Capulet

Capulet

It takes more effort to hate than it does to love.

• 874 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

*hugs*

I did stub my toe, but I assure you the sound that came out of my mouth didn't sound in the least bit like a whine. ;)

Thank you, though! So nice to be reminded of these things. smile.gif

So glad you're here at AS.

#4 melissa

melissa

Let the butterflies roam free...

• 1,347 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:32 AM

Woo-hoo! Thanks Determined...we all need to hear that once in awhile...I appreciate taht wake-up call!
Melissa

#5 BlueWings

BlueWings

sauve moi

• 725 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

This needs PINNING!

BIG TIME KUDOS for this, determind.

goodpost-t.gif goodpost-t.gif !!!!!

#6 angelic

angelic

Gra, Gaire agus Sonas

• Newbie Support Team
  • 8,167 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:40 PM

hug.gif thank you for that, determined hug.gif

#7 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

Awww Shucks! blush.gif

#8 Aqua

Aqua
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

You are the best! Your words have brought tears to my eyes. I would just like to thank you for always making me feel welcome, for not talking down to me and reassuring me that I am okay (mentally and physically). Thank you for this post. Most importantly thank you for keeping it light and sharing your sense of humor with me (us).

I hope you are taking care of yourself too.

Aqua flowers.gif

#9 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

What do you mean? I was being serious!

icon_roflmao.gif icon_roflmao.gif icon_roflmao.gif icon_roflmao.gif icon_roflmao.gif icon_roflmao.gif icon_roflmao.gif

Mal, I like your style of whining! wink.gif

#10 Maddy

Maddy

My Brother, My Hero, My Angel

• 3,410 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

((((determined))))
I needed that tonight. You are such a sweetheart. smile.gif
Thanks so much. hug.gif

Much love,
Melissa

#11 follow_the_bear

follow_the_bear
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:07 AM

Thanks Determined One!

I have to say that this is the first post I have replyed to for a while, and it was just what I neeeded!

Ok, here comes my whinge:

No, I haven't stubbed my toe, but I have just started my morning to cat poop all over my new carpet, I guess she doesn't like the rain! Sodding animal is not my favourite at the moment. I walked in wednesday night, after a really tough day to find my BF's grandma had left me some tea to save me cooking, a really yummy roast. Went to heat it up and my dear old kitty cat was helping herself. 9pm and I started cooking...

Seriously though, it was a really lovely post, and it has put a real ray of sunshine in my world that has been a little dark recently.

Thanks again, you are a true star!

Claire x flowers.gif

#12 Kitanah

Kitanah
  • Secondary Survivors
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:17 AM

Thanks Determined!

That was beautiful hug.gif

Kitanah xoxox

#13 BlueWings

BlueWings

sauve moi

• 725 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(follow_the_bear @ Jul 20 2007, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Determined One!

I have to say that this is the first post I have replyed to for a while, and it was just what I neeeded!

Ok, here comes my whinge:

No, I haven't stubbed my toe, but I have just started my morning to cat poop all over my new carpet, I guess she doesn't like the rain! Sodding animal is not my favourite at the moment. I walked in wednesday night, after a really tough day to find my BF's grandma had left me some tea to save me cooking, a really yummy roast. Went to heat it up and my dear old kitty cat was helping herself. 9pm and I started cooking...

Seriously though, it was a really lovely post, and it has put a real ray of sunshine in my world that has been a little dark recently.

Thanks again, you are a true star!

Claire x flowers.gif

rofl3.gif

#14 determined 1

determined 1

determined 1

• 3,896 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(clara2007 @ Jul 20 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank you determined 1.

i love your name. ive decided i am "determined" to heal.
ps i am giving my therapist another chance but i did almost shoot my husband last night! kudos for me all around.

Oh Honey, don't do that, it's wasting a perfectly good bullet! w00t.gif
I'm glad you gave your *T* another shot!
Get it........... Shot!!
I kill me!! icon_roflmao.gif

#15 blossums

blossums

Sausages.

• 3,323 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

Just wanted to add what a seriously great post and thanks smile.gif