Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello Everyone

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 smurfette

smurfette
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:56 AM

I've been searching online for somewhere to feel safe and I hope I have found it. I'm just beginning to confront my ab*se issues. I'm a 27 year old survivor, a mother of 3, and unfortunately in the midst of my second divorce due to my inability to heal and overcome my past. I have started counseling again, and finally feel like this time I am ready to face everything and conquer it. I've decided i'm tired of letting my past control my life, and I want to be in control of my life and my future.

I'm not really sure what else to post right now so I guess that's it for an intro.

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,339 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:53 AM

Welcome to After Silence hug.gif

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here but I hope you'll find plenty of support and friends here. smile.gif

Hugs,
Vera

#3 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:00 AM

welcome smurfette (cool name!) hug.gif

i hope you find what you need here, i'm sure you will, this place is truly wonderful!

emma hug.gif

#4 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:10 AM

Welcome to AS hug.gif

#5 eskiers

eskiers
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:22 AM

Welcome to After Silence smile.gif

#6 smurfette

smurfette
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:21 AM

Thank you all so much! I can see the respect and support this board offers and it's amazing to find a place like this. I posted a poem last night, written back in the day, just a few days before I turned 16..that was nearly 12 years ago but it seems like a lifetime. Feel free to comment...I've never let anyone read my poems so..

And Emma..thanks! Not sure why this name popped into my mind but it works!!

Edited by smurfette, 07 September 2004 - 08:22 AM.

#7 lynx

lynx

cute and cuddly

• 86 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:57 AM

finally feel like this time I am ready to face everything and conquer it. I've decided i'm tired of letting my past control my life, and I want to be in control of my life and my future.

Welcome smile.gif
I relate to your post very much especially this part. I too am finally working on some issues that have been long hidden and need dealing with. So that I can have my life back and enjoy my future.
hug.gif

#8 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:46 PM

hug.gif hug.gif

Welcome to AS sweetie. smile.gif

hug.gif hug.gif

Donna =)

#9 smurfette

smurfette
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:01 PM

Thank you Lynx and Donna, so good to feel welcome here smile.gif and I am glad to know that others feel/experience/think/act the same as I do...I've put off dealing with this for too long but hopefully having support will help this time

#10 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:05 PM

You deserve to be in control of your own future and destiny sweetie. Welcome to the forum by the way I'm glad to know you found a safe place to come and heal. You know you are welcome here any time you wish. We want to help be here for you.

throb.gif Haullie

#11 smurfette

smurfette
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:47 PM

Haullie....thank you, being here and reading has already helped so much!!

#12 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:32 AM

welcome to the boards
love and hugz throb.gif

#13 vengeance

vengeance
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:23 PM

Hi smurfette!

I'm new as well. Welcome! smile.gif

#14 smurfette

smurfette
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:24 PM

Thank you Fiery and vengeance smile.gif want to let everyone know i'm always around to listen if you need it

#15 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:22 PM

Hi Smurfette and welcome to After Silence. Hope you find support and encouragement here as I have.

Take gentle care,

Lindy