Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

smurfette

I've been searching online for somewhere to feel safe and I hope I have found it. I'm just beginning to confront my ab*se issues. I'm a 27 year old survivor, a mother of 3, and unfortunately in the midst of my second divorce due to my inability to heal and overcome my past. I have started counseling again, and finally feel like this time I am ready to face everything and conquer it. I've decided i'm tired of letting my past control my life, and I want to be in control of my life and my future.

I'm not really sure what else to post right now so I guess that's it for an intro.

Welcome to After Silence :hug:

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here but I hope you'll find plenty of support and friends here. :)

Hugs,

Vera

Welcome to AS :hug:

Thank you all so much! I can see the respect and support this board offers and it's amazing to find a place like this. I posted a poem last night, written back in the day, just a few days before I turned 16..that was nearly 12 years ago but it seems like a lifetime. Feel free to comment...I've never let anyone read my poems so..

And Emma..thanks! Not sure why this name popped into my mind but it works!!

Edited by smurfette
finally feel like this time I am ready to face everything and conquer it. I've decided i'm tired of letting my past control my life, and I want to be in control of my life and my future.

Welcome :)

I relate to your post very much especially this part. I too am finally working on some issues that have been long hidden and need dealing with. So that I can have my life back and enjoy my future.

:hug:

Thank you Lynx and Donna, so good to feel welcome here :) and I am glad to know that others feel/experience/think/act the same as I do...I've put off dealing with this for too long but hopefully having support will help this time

You deserve to be in control of your own future and destiny sweetie. Welcome to the forum by the way I'm glad to know you found a safe place to come and heal. You know you are welcome here any time you wish. We want to help be here for you.

:throb: Haullie

welcome to the boards

love and hugz :throb:

Hi Smurfette and welcome to After Silence. Hope you find support and encouragement here as I have.

Take gentle care,

Lindy