Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What Is It About Forced Sex...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 gumby

gumby

Transplanted Yankee

• 681 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:59 AM

Many of those things ring true, and are wrong. Change is happening slowly and it's spotty. Repairing or even dealing with such a personal violation is a lot of work for those that have been hurt. Thank you for such a wonderful post.

#17 Kalalau

Kalalau
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:49 PM

(((((((((((((((((Gumby))))))))))))) You are just great. I appreciate you so much. smile.gif

#18 John

John

We're all stories in the end....make yours a good one

• Administrator
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

hug.gif Thankyou for posting this, your very strong for posting this, and it rings truth in my ears.

That picture is also so beautiful...

hug.gif
-biggestfoot-

#19 Kalalau

Kalalau
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:24 AM

hug.gif i love your name, footy smile.gif lol

#20 sparky114

sparky114
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:40 AM

Your a very nice person. You make things a little bit clearer and for that i thank you. hi.gif

#21 ~*chelsea*~

~*chelsea*~

live today like there's no tomorrow!

• 4,868 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:12 PM

wow, thats powerful! good job!! thank you for this post! hug.gif

#22 emptytears12

emptytears12

Kari Jo

• 255 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

I'm new to being a survivor and reading what you had to say has helped me to look at the pain I've been through in the last 9 months in a whole new way. Thanks so much for saying all that. I might have to read it once in a while as a reminder that my hurt is nothing to take lightly because so often I try and force myself to heal because I should be able to get over this. I need to change that way of thinking and this has helped. Thanks again and again.

#23 caitlinjennifer

caitlinjennifer
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

that was extremely powerful !!

#24 Kalalau

Kalalau
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

Thank you for the lovely responses. We are often so hard on ourselves. It's hard not to be at times... we can be wired that way. However, it's nice to remember basic reasoning for why we'd feel certain ways. When we do, sometimes we make space to feel compassion for ourselves or the situation. It's easy to offer that to others but seems to be a riddle when we need to apply it to ourselves.

Anyways, thank you for the nice words.

#25 emmers

emmers
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (sueellen @ Jul 16 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So often, I see folks on here saying they want their lives back; that they want to be who they used to be. And it occurred to me as I responded to one of these posts that we all have a unique opportunity to not go back but to recreate.

Wow, I never thought of it like that. What an amazing way to look at this whole process. It's kind of liberating, actually.

#26 revolution08

revolution08

it's time for a revolution!

• Inactive Member
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:41 PM

i think sex (especially virginity) has an essence of innocence to it. it is also the way we are most vulnerable. it is something we keep private and decide what to do with. when someone takes that power and control away from you, and violates you- it is such a profound invasion.

#27 GermanShepherdLover

GermanShepherdLover

We are always beautiful

• 380 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

omg i love you!!!! you said that so well...and i always think about this. you rock!! thanx.gif goodpost.gif

#28 Kalalau

Kalalau
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Thank you GermanSherpherd and all of you who respond with your wisdom. You are appreciated.

#29 flowergirl

flowergirl
  • Inactive Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

great post Kalalau

#30 Kalalau

Kalalau
  • Contributing Member
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Thank you flowergirl smile.gif