Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My Avatar

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Maddy

Maddy

My Brother, My Hero, My Angel

• 3,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:10 AM

Just a quick question. I don't know if it's my comp or what's going on but I changed my avatar to a pic of my brother but whenever I see one of my posts, it still has my old one. Is everyone else seeing my old one too or is it just me?? Lemme know please?? FYI, my old one was a butterfly pic.

Thanks!
Melissa

#2 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:20 AM

I see the new one. That happeneds to me alot when I change mine. Clear your cookies, temp files and history. By then it may be the new one you have. smile.gif

Edited by Donna, 25 June 2007 - 12:21 AM.

#3 greenangel

greenangel
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:21 AM

im still seeing the butterfly one. try changing it again? maybe u did something wrong?

#4 Maddy

Maddy

• 3,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:24 AM

Thanks Donna, I'll try it.

#5 Maddy

Maddy

• 3,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:28 AM

Sweet! Thanks!

#6 gumby

gumby

Transplanted Yankee

• 681 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:04 AM

I see a kid and not a butterfly as your avatar, maddy.

#7 Maddy

Maddy

• 3,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:19 AM

Yeah, I got it fixed. Thanks. smile.gif The kid is my big bro. smile.gif

#8 AmyLyn

AmyLyn

free at last

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

I still see the butterflies... laugh.gif

#9 la_columna_rota

la_columna_rota

Tassie

• 136 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Donna @ Jun 24 2007, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see the new one. That happeneds to me alot when I change mine. Clear your cookies, temp files and history. By then it may be the new one you have. smile.gif

Yay! I was having the same trouble and I tried that and it worked... thank you!! hug.gif

#10 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(la_columna_rota @ Jul 3 2007, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Donna @ Jun 24 2007, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yay! I was having the same trouble and I tried that and it worked... thank you!! hug.gif

Aww smile.gif you're welcome honey. smile.gif hug.gif

#11 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

Generally when you change your avatar but still see the old one, just click on the refresh button. IE stores these things on your computer as cookes, true, but you don't need to remove them to fix the problem. (I have many cookies with logon information on my computer and clearing the cookies gets rid of all the information.) Also, if you know someone has changed their avatar but you're still seeing the old one, click on the refresh button and you should then see the new one. That will swap out the avatar photo in the cookie file... much like updating.

hug.gif

Meg

outahere.gif