Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hi, Another Newbie Here

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lynx

lynx

cute and cuddly

• 86 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:53 PM

Hi. I'm new and I just wanted to introduce myself. Just two days ago the penny dropped and I realised I have been a victim of Emotional Child Abuse? Still unsure where I fit to be honest. I havent spoken about what I went through as a child to anyone before except for my partner. I didnt even think it was child abuse until i looked at some sites and ticked off quite a few on the list in the emotional abuse catagory!

Over the past two years I realised what I had been through wasnt right... but its only now that I realise just how wrong it all was.

I'm a little nervous about delving into it... but I know its time I did.

Good to find such a friendly place online to talk to others and hope to find someone else who understands what I went through.

smile.gif

#2 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:58 PM

hug.gif Welcome,i hope u find sum healin here-i 2 an a survivour of child a*use (s*ually,emotionaly,physically,mentally-u name it!!). This IS a wonderful place,i hope u grow 2 love this place as much as i do!! tongue.gif

hug.gif & wub.gif
Sooks xoxox

#3 longsleeves

longsleeves

Soul Sighs

• 228 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:19 PM

welcome lynx!!! there are so many people here with so many different experiences, many kinds of abuse we've been made to suffer. We all do our best to understand and help each other. i am new here, too, and already it has become so valuable to me. Hopefully you will benefit as much as I have ;).

Edited by longsleeves, 30 August 2004 - 04:19 PM.

#4 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:29 PM

((((((Lynx))))))

Welcome to AS sweetie. smile.gif

hug.gif hug.gif

Donna =)

#5 turtle

turtle

Peeking out of my Shell

• 80 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:48 PM

Welcome Lynx... I am fairly new here too and have found everyone to be so nice. I feel like I am fitting in already... something I usually don't do. Sorry for your reason to be here but WELCOME anyways.

~Jess~

#6 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:07 AM

welcome lynx hug.gif

#7 lynx

lynx

cute and cuddly

• 86 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:25 AM

Thank you for all the kind and friendly welcomes blush.gif

I already like it here hug.gif

#8 Guest_JanM_*

Guest_JanM_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2004 - 10:22 AM

lynx Welcome to After Silence!

I hope you find all the support and comfort you need here. hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

#9 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 05:26 PM

hi and welcome hugs
love and hugs throb.gif

#10 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 05:27 PM

Welcome aboard, Lynx! smile.gif

#11 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2004 - 11:26 PM

throb.gif Welcome to After Silence throb.gif

Take a look around and get comfortable! We are here to support you in any way we can!

hug.gif
Jenn

#12 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:13 AM

Hellooooooooooooooooo hug.gif hug.gif

#13 lynx

lynx

cute and cuddly

• 86 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:24 AM

Helloooooo! I like your puddy cat! wub.gif

I'm feeling more relaxed around here now... think it helped to finally get some stuff out of my system. Thanks to you all for the welcomes.

hug.gif hug.gif

#14 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:02 PM

WELCOME, LINX!!!
i'm glad you found this amazing place. Take your time to share, there's no rush.
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif
Daniela.

#15 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:42 PM

Welcome Linx! woop shoop shoop shoop!