Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Always Getting Logged Out

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ainedb

ainedb
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

I have the "remember me" clicked and so I sign in... and then 5 minutes later I click something to view a post, change topics, or even more annoying, to post a topic that I took time writing, and I get the message that I need to sign in again, and then I have to start all over. Is there a reason I can't stay signed in (no matter which computer I'm using)? Is there a setting I need to specifically chose so that I'm not always getting logged out somehow?

Thanks!

#2 drowning000

drowning000

carpe diem

• 3,164 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

You may have wireless like me. My internet drops out and renews its IP address everytime. This will cause you to need to log back in. If this is the case then theres nothing you can do about it hun smile.gif

#3 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

You might need to set your browser to accept cookies. That's how the "remember me" works.

hug.gif

#4 ainedb

ainedb
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

I've got cookies set up. Also, I use one wireless computer and two not. One of the desktops is at work and one is at home... so all kind of systems, but as far as I can tell the cookies do fine.

#5 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

If you go on at home then go on at work and then back at home it will log you out no matter what.

#6 ainedb

ainedb
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

I understand that... but this is typically about every fifteen minutes, when I'm only signed onto one computer at a time. Sometimes it lasts longer, but if I'm busy typing on a reply on one page for a while or I let the screen go idle I get logged out.

#7 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

When you are typing a post online, typically the server or website will record that as no activity. If you've set your browser to disconnect after a certain amount of time of inactivity, it will consider posts that take longer to finish as inactivity. Also, it could be a setting your server has. Or even the forum software. I know if I am typing a post on our forum, which is also Invision, and go too long it will treat it as if I've been idle the whole time.

I hope you find out what the problem is. Gentle cyberhugs.

hug.gif