Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello, I'm New Here

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Angela

Angela
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:42 PM

Hi everyone,
I found this forum through a search. I was looking for a nice message board for survivors of abuse and this place looks nice. I am in my 40s, I survived childhood abuse and then other instances of abuse after I was a child, too. I am glad to have found this place and hope to be posting more and getting to know you as tiime goes on. Thank you for making this message board for survivors. throb.gif

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,349 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 02:09 PM

Dear Angela,

welcome to AS, please make yourself at home, you are among friends here hug.gif

#3 Angela

Angela
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for the welcome Vera.

#4 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 03:25 PM

tongue.gif Hello,welcome!! smile.gif Hope u find wot u want & need here!! I 2 am a survivour of ch*ld a*use..... I love ur av!! (pic....) w00t.gif

hug.gif & wub.gif
Sooks xoxox

#5 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:10 PM

Welcome.I hope that being a part of this wonderful community will help in your healing journey hug.gif

#6 Angela

Angela
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:12 PM

Hi Sookie. Glad you like my avatar. I find it to be on the relaxing side. Thanks for your welcome Sookie and Ihavemadeit.

Edited by Angela, 27 August 2004 - 05:15 PM.

#7 Jaida

Jaida

unapologetically alive

• 103 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:16 PM

Hi Angela

Welcome to AS. You'll find many supportive and caring people here.

hug.gif

~Jaida

#8 Angela

Angela
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:18 PM

dance.gif Thanks for your welcome Jaida. Sounds like what I have been looking for. smile.gif

Edited by Angela, 27 August 2004 - 04:19 PM.

#9 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:12 PM

(((((Angela))))))

Welcome to the board sweetie, please post as much as you would like and know that you are not alone.

hug.gif

Donna =)

#10 Angela

Angela
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:18 PM

I appreciate your kind words and welcome, Donna. Thanks. smurf.gif

#11 Guest_tiggeranpooh_*

Guest_tiggeranpooh_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:22 PM

Hi Angela,

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing this, but as a newbie I thought rather than start up a new thread I would just take the opportunity to say hello on this one as well.

It certainly seems as if the community here is a great place and, although I have little time because of real life pressures to come online an awful lot, I do hope I can be around a little.

A very quick intro. 36, survivor of child abuse (culminating in rape) over a 3 year period by a family friend. Also a victim of sexual molestation to my grandfather around the same time.
Had years of trying to deal with it - anxiety, panic attacks, all the usual. Kept going until I crashed in my late twenties and effectively had a nervous breakdown.
Picked myself up and now happily settled with the most adorable partner who is kind, understanding and considerate, as well as being my soul mate.
I finally decided I wanted to try and give if I could to help others, and found this site.
So, had a peek around, and finally decided to join.

Thanks Angela for putting up with me rambling on here. I hope I haven't offended by doing so. unsure.gif

hug.gif

#12 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:23 PM

Welcome Angela and tiggeranpooh!
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif
Daniela.

#13 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:40 PM

Hi Angela,

WELCOME......Im pretty new here to, and also a survivor of childhood
sexual abuse.....on the road to healing.

This is a wonderful place to be, I have found alot of support here.

WELCOME......WELCOME......WELCOME
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif

Butterfly

#14 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:31 PM

((Angela))

Welcome to AS. Stay safe, and take care. We're here to listen when your ready.

<3
Alex

#15 Angela

Angela
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:58 AM

Welcome Tiggerandpooh. hug.gif throb.gif

Thanks for your welcomes Mariposa, butterfly, and yourbeautifulmistake. I am glad to be here among you. I really like this forum and feel comfortable here already.

throb.gif hug.gif throb.gif