Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

I Am New

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wounded_raven_*

Guest_wounded_raven_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:18 AM

Hi to everyone. I am new at this.. I am not completely comfortable with this whole thing. I just know I need to find people who will understand, and I freaking scared. sad.gif

#2 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:27 AM

Hello there , don't worry if you are not completely comfortable with the whole thing, also I think that every body here can relate to the freaking scared bit, just go with what you are happy with and I hope that it helps along on your healing journey ... hug.gif hug.gif

#3 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:32 AM

throb.gif Hi sweetie.

First off, welcome, although our reasons for being here in the first place are tragic.. we're all here to support eachother and listen.. that is a good thing at least. It's ok to be scared. I am still very scared myself about it all. So don't worry, everyone here will listen and definitely understand.

You AREN'T alone. hug.gif throb.gif

#4 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:40 AM

(wounded_raven) hug.gif

welcome to AS! this is a wonderful place with amazing people and i hope you can find what you are searching for here! wub.gif
take your time, there's no rush, we'll be here when your ready bighug.gif

emma

#5 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:34 AM

Welcome, wounded_raven! hug.gif
it's ok to feel scared and uncomfortable, don't worry. As Betty said, there's no rush, so take your time.
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif
Daniela.

#6 Ellaneese

Ellaneese

Finding Hope

• 292 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:17 PM

w00t.gif dance.gif w00t.gif
Welcome!!!!

tongue.gif w00t.gif tongue.gif

throb.gif Ellaneese

#7 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:18 PM

hug.gif ((((wounded_raven)))) hug.gif

Welcome to the board sweetie. smile.gif

((((Hugs))))

Donna =)

#8 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• Consultant
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:24 PM

Welcome to the board. As others have said, we are very happy to have you here with us, but are sorry for the circumstances that brought you here.

Don't worry about being scared. You can just read if you want or post as little or as much as you choose to. Sometimes I get just as much out of this board by just reading.

Hugs,
~Kelly

#9 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

Wounded-raven

WELCOME hug.gif hug.gif

Butterfly

#10 Guest_Eclipse_*

Guest_Eclipse_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:45 AM

Hi Wounded_raven smile.gif Don't be afraid, this is a very nice place to come to...

#11 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:14 PM

We understand being afraid, I was completely scared the first time I entered a Survivor chat room. I couldn't believe there were others who had the same things to talk about.

I know we may not know you and you may not know us very well, but you are just as valuable here as any other one of our members so please remember how welcome you are here okay sweetie? And that your presence is something we long to keep seeing around here and we long to see you heal and progress just like everyone else.

Love, Haullie

#12 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

hug.gif Welcome to After Silence hug.gif

I'm glad you found us! Please take your time looking around and getting comfortable here. Post when you feel ready and safe. If you ever need to talk please feel free to PM me.

Know that you are not alone here. hug.gif

throb.gif Take precious care of yourself throb.gif

smile.gif Tracy

#13 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:32 PM

welcome to the baord and its fine to feel uncomfortable, hope you find this place supportive
love and hugglez throb.gif

#14 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:34 PM

((Raven))

Hey sweetie. I'm glad that you've found us. Take your time to get comfortable - I hope that you find this place to be as supportive as I have.

<3
Alex

#15 Angela

Angela
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:43 AM

Welcome to the forums, Wounded Raven, this is a very friendly community. I am new here, too.

hug.gif