Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

new here

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bev S_*

Guest_Bev S_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:27 PM

i'm new here and i just want to know that i'm not alone with my fight to recovery from my childhood sexual abuse and flashbacks.

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,371 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:40 PM

((((((( Welcome )))))))

You are not alone. I'm here with you and so are the other members of our family.
We can fight together and we can make it through this...

Love,
Verena

#3 Catherine

Catherine

Clarity Seeker

• 731 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:58 AM

(((((((( Bev ))))))))))))

((((((( Safe Gentle Hugs ))))))))

YOu are not alone here, if you need to share whatever, please do so, knowing that we have all been or still are, in the same place as you, and knowing also, that this group, is a safe place to vent anything. This group has been my life line, many a time.

TAke Care
Love Catherine

#4 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:53 AM

Welcome to the group.

Love
Wendy

#5 Guest_mommacook_*

Guest_mommacook_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2003 - 07:52 AM

Hi Bev. I wanted to let you know that you definitely not alone in your struggle with flashbacks. I know how hard it is to try to balance everyday life with chores, bills, kids, etc while you have daytime flashbacks and nightmares whenever you rest your eyes. My heart and prayers are with you. I would offer my support through instant message, but with a newborn and a toddler and two preteens, I'm not online that much!

#6 Guest_Hope_*

Guest_Hope_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:30 PM

Hi Bev. Welcome to the group. You most certainly are not alone with your healing. I understand the terror of the flashbacks....they are tiring for me. As if living through it once wasn't enough, now we must do it again. Be we can do it with the help of those who walk the same path....there is strength in numbers. Take gentle care.

~Hope