Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

New

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mouseisa_*

Guest_mouseisa_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2004 - 06:22 PM

I've been sitting here for about 20 minutes 'cause I'm not sure what to write. I want to say the "right" things, but I'm not sure what that is so here goes...

My name is Mouseisa ("Mouse" for short blush.gif ), I'm 36 years old, married with no kids cry.gif, but I do have three cats that I can play pretend with.

In short I'm here because I was sexually abused while growing up and have had a few other bad experiences. I hope I eventually have the courage to share my story as so many of you so bravely have. I'm sorry we all need a place like this, but I'm so thankful that a place like this does exist.

I spent some time reading through a couple of the forums today and "AS" really seems like a great place to be. I liked the feeling of "family" I got while I was reading.

I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can. Everyone seems so caring and comfortable and I hope I'm able to become a part of that with you. I even saw a couple names of people I know from other sites so I know this has to be a great place.

Thanks for listening I hope I haven't gone on for too long...

Mouseisa

#2 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 06:34 PM

((Mouseisa))

Don't be scared to say anything 'wrong'. You can't say anything 'wrong'. A lot of the time I just type what comes to mind when I rant...Anyways, I'm glad you've found us, sweetie. I hope you find this place to be as supportive and loving as I have. Don't **ever** worry about making posts too long, or typing too much - you can't. hug.gif I'm sorry you've been through so much pain. Remember that we're here to listen and support you. In time, if you like, you can share bits and pieces of your story with us. I'm glad you've found us.

((safe hugs))

<3
Alex

Edited by your.beautiful.mistake, 12 August 2004 - 06:34 PM.

#3 Guest_Eclipse_*

Guest_Eclipse_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:08 PM

Hi Mouse! smile.gif I'm still finding my way around the board too, and everyone here is just so warm! It is hard to introduce yourself isn't it? It's nice to meet you!

#4 Alysure

Alysure

Specialized Catastrophe

• 950 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:57 PM

What Alex said is so completely true!

Don't worry, we are here to listen, to laugh, to cry. To talk about anything and yes.. everything that anyone could possibly want to talk about. This place is GREAT for getting out all those negative emotions that we are 'taught' to keep inside. You're very brave too, because you made it and you're here smile.gif All of us will be ready to listen whenever you're ready.

<3

#5 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:31 AM

((((Mouse))))

Welcome aboard sweetie. smile.gif throb.gif hug.gif throb.gif smile.gif

((((Hugs))))

Donna =)

#6 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:05 AM

Mouse,

Welcome to After Silence. Sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but I'm glad you've come to this wonderful and supportive community.

Take gentle care, love.

Lindy

#7 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:45 AM

Welcome, Mouseisa! hug.gif don't worry about saying the right thing, this is a place full of understanding people, and as long as what you say is out of love/concern you'll be ok.
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif
Daniela.

#8 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:37 PM

Welcome, please take your time and I hope that you find this place helps with your healing journey hug.gif

#9 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:13 PM

Welcome to the family Mouse. Take your time to share.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

just me,
storm. throb.gif

#10 Jaida

Jaida

unapologetically alive

• 103 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hi, Mouse

Welcome to AS. It's a great place filled with many caring, supportive people. Glad you found us!

hug.gif

~Jaida

#11 Guest_mouseisa_*

Guest_mouseisa_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2004 - 02:29 PM

Thank you everyone for your wonderful replies. Sorry I haven't gotten back here in a few days, we were part of the part of the hurricane that hit the Carolina's. Didn't get hit hard, but were supposed to, then I had a few hectic days.

I already feel like I'm part of your family here and I really do thank you for all the welcoming replies, it really helps to make it easier to feel comfortable. I'm always a little bit slow at first, but once I start you usually can't shut me up, but I go in streaks - I'm more of a replier than a poster. Somehow talking about me is scarier than talking about you, but it's a challenge I'm working on.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Thank you again for being so great welcoming me here.

Mouseisa

#12 Guest_butterfly_*

Guest_butterfly_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:14 PM

Hi Mouse,
Im new too. Ive been doing alot of looking around the last few days and I like everthing I see. I excited to be here. I was also sexual abused as a child and have just started the healing......It hurts

Take Good Care
butterfly

#13 Guest_mouseisa_*

Guest_mouseisa_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:54 AM

Hi Butterfly,

Good to meet another newbie... I'm really glad I found this place aren't you? I'm still in the reading phase, I haven't had much time for replying or posting yet, but things should settle down pretty soon. I have a little bit of time right now and I'm going to go in and read some posts (maybe attempt some replies - wish me luck). Welcome to you too!

Luv,
Mouseisa

#14 Charlene

Charlene

Quoth the raven...

• 3,425 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

hey mouse,
im sure you'll find all you need here
love and hugglez throb.gif

#15 aquapit

aquapit