The chat room guidelines have been revised in an effort to make them as short and as clear as possible. We understand that sometimes reading through a lot of rules and text can be confusing so we hope this new version will make it easier for you to be familiar with our guidelines. (Please also note that N.10 is a new addition to the guidelines)
Revised and Updated on April 19th, 2009
The Chat Room Guidelines
The After Silence Chat is for sharing, listening, learning, coping and healing together and it can't be used for harmful and/or deceiving purposes. The rules below are set for the safety and comfort of all members. You can find a list of chat moderators here and can recognize them by this green color.
1. You must be at least 16 years old or older to join the chat. If you are under 16, and have joined After Silence prior to February 2010, you may access both the board and chat.
2. If you plan to leave your computer, please exit the chat room. If you are absent for more than 15 minutes, a moderator or chat moderator may expel you. You are always welcome to re-join the chat at a later time.
3. If something/someone in the chat upsets you or triggers you, feel free to leave and take care of yourself FIRST. However, please don't leave without logging off.
4. For those members with DID, alters are not allowed to participate in chat. After Silence is not a board that is able to support and moderate such activity.
5. You may not join the chat room if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
6. Do not ask/pressure members to chat privately. If you wish to chat privately with another member one on one, please download an Internet Messenger Service such as AIM, MSN, or Yahoo.
7. From time to time we have Topic Chats set up. A standard topic chat lasts about 1 hour and members may not disrupt or interrupt the specific topic.
8. Please be patient and kind with one another and don't try to tell your story over someone else.
9. If you plan of speaking of anything that may be triggering, warn the members first and give them the possibility to exit the chat if they are not feeling safe.
10. Support and healing have the priority in chat. If a member asks for support or wish to talk about her/his struggles, please don't ignore her/him just because you are having a good time and/or are discussing lighter topics.
11. If you fear someone is breaking the rules, please don't discuss it in the chat room but report it to the moderators or chat moderators instead.
12. Keep in mind that we are all behind computers here and are only able to offer support, comfort, advice, and at times guidance. Under no circumstances is chat to be used as a substitute for professional help. If you are in crisis, self-harming, or thinking of suicide, please contact the police, a local hotline, or RAINN (1-800-656-HOPE).
13. Do not share your personal information, such as street address, telephone number, IP provider, social security number, etc. This is for your safety.
14. Should you have a disagreement or conflict with another member, don't discuss it in the chat room or the forums and try to resolve the problem privately and in a civil manner. If this is not possible, contact a moderator or a chat moderator and ask for assistance.
15. Please respect the decisions of the board and chat moderators. Should a moderator ban you from chat, please do not log into the chat room until the date given. Failure to abide by the rules will result in an initial warning, followed by permanent loss of board privileges here at After Silence.
After Silence Moderators
Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.
|Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.
After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Message by DevFuse
Chat Room Guidelines
No replies to this topic