Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 daniela

daniela
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:33 PM

Hello all. smile.gif My name is Daniela. I found this site because of a good friend who knows I am struggling with memories and other issues coming from my abusive childhood/adolescence. I am going through a really tough time. Every day I wake up wondering if today is the day I'm going to end up in a hospital psych ward. blink.gif They say reaching out to people and talking about my experience is supposed to help. I go to a lot of recovery/support meetings and now I'm trying this, the online support scene. I really like what I have seen on this site and am glad my friend told me about it.

Cheers!

Daniela

#2 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:49 PM

Hello Daniela and welcome to AS. Please make yourself at home smile.gif

#3 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:56 PM

Hi Daniela! hug.gif Welcome to After Silence! I'm so glad you found us. I think you will find this the best and most supportive group on the net! The members here are such wonderful, kind, supportive people who are always here to listen and support others in need.

I'm so sorry for whatever brought you here, but I'm so happy you are here now. I know that the self-healing journey can be hard and the road is long but know that you are not alone here. We are always here to help you.

Please take your time in looking around. Post when you are ready and feel safe enough! I'm looking forward to getting to know you. If you ever need anything please feel free to PM me!

Take precious care of yourself.

kitty.gif Tracy

#4 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:18 AM

Welcome to AS hon. I was told about his site by a friend too and I am glad I found it. The people here are really supportive and loving. I know you will love it here.
I am sorry you are going through a hard time right now but you have come to the right place.

just me ,
storm

#5 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:26 AM

Welcome to the family sweetheart.
I hope you find a little comfort here
hug.gif

~Janene

#6 daniela

daniela
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:07 AM

Thank you for the wonderful welcome!

Daniela smile.gif

#7 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:13 AM

Welcome! my name is Daniela too! smile.gif i don't meet people with the same name very often, i'm so happy!!!
you'll find a great group of people here, everybody is very supportive and kind.
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif
Daniela.

#8 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:38 PM

welcome daniela hug.gif

emmax

#9 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:58 PM

((((((Daniela))))))))

Im sorry that something had to happend to you for you to have to be here but i am glad you were able to find this group. Welcome! smile.gif

Please post as much as youd like and know that you are not alone.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Donna =)

#10 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 12:29 PM

I hope that here is a place that can help on your healing journey hug.gif

#11 Jaida

Jaida

unapologetically alive

• 103 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:53 AM

Hi Daniela hug.gif

Welcome to AS. I'm sure you will find much support and many caring people here.

~Jaida

#12 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:58 PM

Hi Daniela and welcome to After Silence.

#13 Guest_Aurelie_*

Guest_Aurelie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:23 PM

Welcome Daniela,

I think you stumbled on the right place, I haven't been posting much lately but I've always found support and freedom of expression here, the family is wonderful and has provided friendship and opinions that widened my field of options in terms of acquiring tools to handle various situation.

Bless you,

Aurelie smile.gif throb.gif

#14 Guest_Eclipse_*

Guest_Eclipse_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:01 PM

Hi Daniela! Welcome to the forum, it's nice to meet you! smile.gif

#15 Fragile_Heart

Fragile_Heart
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:38 PM

Hello Daniela,