Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hi New Here

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_belovedone_*

Guest_belovedone_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:59 AM

Hello everyone! Well needless to say Iím new ~waves~. Well to tell you the truth Iím pretty new to this whole message board forum thingyÖ But I see here there is real community of survivors and I want to feel as if I survived something and no longer feel as if Iím a victim of something. Anyways I donít really know how to introduce my self to everyone but I can say how much I want to release this pain within meÖ so on that note what Iím trying to say is Iím here for the same reason many people are here. something happened to me and I really donít want to feel the pain any more and I want to help my self. So with that said and done I hope you can welcome meÖ but mind you Iím quite shy and it might take awhile for me to have the strength to open up like most have you have. But I really feel as if had someone to talk to I might be able except that Iím alive still after all this time. Well with that out of the way hello itís nice to meet everyone!

#2 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:13 AM

welcome to AS! hug.gif
i'm glad that you have found us and hope that this place can help you begin to heal hug.gif

please don't rush yourself- only post when you feel ready!
you will find a lot of support here because everyone's great!
emmax

#3 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 06:32 AM

((Belovedone))

Welcome to AS. I really like your name. And don't worry about not being able to open up. Things like this take time, and we'll give you all the time you need. hug.gif

<3
Alex

#4 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:18 AM

Welcome to the community sweetie.

You'll come to realise that we are like a world wide based family here, and you've just become part of that. And we're going to give you all the time you need to feel comfortable enough to open up and share with us your fears. And when you do, we'll be waiting here to help chase them away. So please don't feel like you need to jump in and start blurting everything out to feel welcome. You're already welcome just by having the courage to introduce yourself hug.gif

~Janene

#5 Jaida

Jaida

unapologetically alive

• 103 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:34 AM

Welcome, Belovedone hug.gif

You've found a wonderful place! As some have already said, there is no need to rush yourself. We'll be here when you're ready.

~Jaida

#6 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:43 AM

(((Belovedone)))

Welcome to After Silence! It's quite understandable that you don't feel comfortable enough yet to share your story. As the others have said already, there is plenty of time and no pressure to jump right in with it. We are a diverse family here... some bold and speak right out, others shy taking some time to find comfort first, which we offer in abundance! Welcome and I hope you find relief and healing here, or at least the beginnings of.

Cyberhugs,

Ardatha

#7 Guest_belovedone_*

Guest_belovedone_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:04 PM

Thank you everyone for being there for meÖ itís been along time since I could feel as if someone was there for me, so for that I thank you. Iíll tell you all one thing I feel much happier now that Iím here, and being that Iíve never really said ĎI feel happier nowí is the reason why I think I going to love this placeÖ well Iíll tell you guys a secret after I posted I had a fear that no one would respond. Well all my fears were unfounded and that was a good surprise. Anyways there was one thing I thought my signature was quite depressing So I changed itÖ I say itís a improvement. Oh well hope to talk to you all later. And thank you again for being there.

#8 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,067 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:53 PM

Welcome belovedone dance.gif . No worry about not getting replies around here thumbsup.gif . Please, take your time to read and post. Nobody expects you to jump in with both feet. Dip your toe in, check out the water, and when it's warm enough for you, come on in!

Take gentle care!
~Kelly

#9 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:37 PM

hug.gif belovedone hug.gif

Welcome to throb.gif After Silence throb.gif ! I just love your screen name... You will find that you quickly become a 'belovedone' here. I'm sorry for what ever reason brought you here but I'm so glad you decided to join us! I am looking forward to getting to know you. Please take your time in getting comfortable here and post only when you are ready to. You are not alone here. We will be here for you to listen and support you and this journey of healing.

Please take precious care of yourself.

kitty.gif throb.gif
Tracy

#10 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

((((((belovedone))))))))

Welcome to the board sweetie. smile.gif

(((hugs)))

Donna =)

#11 Tequila

Tequila
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:34 AM

Hi,

welcome to AS..

look forward to getting to know you better...take your time hug.gif

wub.gif

#12 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 12:06 PM

Hello and welcome I hope that this place helps on your healing journey ... As for fears that no-one would reply I am afraid no chance here as we all care too much hug.gif

#13 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:38 PM

Welcome Belovedone!!!!!!!! I am sure you will find lots od comfort and support here.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

much love,
storm.

#14 Guest_Eclipse_*

Guest_Eclipse_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2004 - 03:03 AM

Hello Belovedone, welcome! It is nice to find a place where you feel hearfelt support isn't it? I just found the place too and really like it. Glad to meet you! smile.gif