Terms of Service
This Web Site provides its service to you subject to the following Terms of Service (TOS), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. It is your responsibility to review the most current form of this Agreement to ensure that you agree to any revisions. Your continued use of this service after such revision indicates your acceptance of those revisions.
Some material on this Web Site may be considered adult oriented and/or sexually explicit, and is related to material of an adult nature. Access is made available only to those who accept the following terms.
By accepting this Agreement, you certify that:
You are at least 18 years of age, and posses the legal authority to enter into an agreement and to use the Service in accordance with these Terms of Service.
You are under 18 but at least 16 years of age* and have obtained PERMISSION from your parent or legal guardian to use the Internet to access this Web Site, including those areas that contain adult material.
*If you've joined After Silence prior to February 14th, 2010 and are under the age of 16, you may continue using our services. This rule applies to new registrations.
After Silence maintains the interactive portion(s) of this Web site as a service. By using any services provided herein, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms, conditions and notices relating to its use.
1. As a condition of your use of this Web site and the services contained therein, you represent and warrant to After Silence that you will not use this Web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
2. This Web site contains one or more of the following services: bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, site builder and/or other message or communication facilities. You agree to use such services only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular service, area, group, forum, community or other message or communication facility. In addition to any other terms or conditions of use of any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities, you agree that when using one, you will not:
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, derogatory defamatory, infringing, improper, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy of publicity unless you own or control such rights or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Advertise any goods or services for any commercial purpose.
- Offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose.
- Download for distribution in any manner any file posted by another user of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices, proprietary designations, labels of the origin, source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any of the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, site builder, communities and/or other message or communication facilities.
4. You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. You should always use caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your children. After Silence does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, member's site and/or other message or communication facilities and, specifically disclaims any liability with regard to same and any actions resulting from your participation. To the extent that there are moderators, forum managers or hosts, none are authorized After Silence spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of After Silence.
5. This Web Site should NOT be used as a substitute for professional help. After Silence administrators are NOT trained mental health professionals. After Silence claims no responsibility for the use of this Web Site, use of content, or content of any links leading from this Web Site. If you are in a crisis situation After Silence URGES you to contact your local rape crisis center or health care professional.
6. The information, products, and services included on this Web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. After Silence may make improvements and/or changes in this Web site at any time. Advice received via this Web site should not be relied upon for personal, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
7. AFTER SILENCE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
8. AFTER SILENCE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. IN NO EVENT SHALL AFTER SILENCE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED.
- WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEB SITE,
- WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE,
- WITH THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR
- FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF AFTER SILENCE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
11. ALL INFORMATION IN THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITH NO GUARANTEE OF COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NOTHING HEREIN CONTAINED SHALL TO ANY EXTENT SUBSTITUTE FOR THE INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION AND THE SOUND AND TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS JUDGMENT OF THE READER.IN NO EVENT SHALL HOST POPULARITY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, THE MATERIALS AND THE PRODUCTS OR THE CONTENTS OR ANY ERROR. DISPUTES IF ANY WILL BE SUBJECTED TO NEW YORK OR PENNSYLVANIA COURT JURISDICTION ONLY.
12. After Silence reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access to this Web site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Web site without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Web site is offered.
13. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and After Silence as a result of this agreement or use of this Web site. The performance of this agreement by After Silence is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of its right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Web site or information provided to or gathered with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
14. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and After Silence with respect to this Web site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written with respect to this Web site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters and/or data mentioned herein are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product or event. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
15. After Silence can be contacted by e-mail at aftersilence.org[@]gmail.com
16. All contents of this Web site are: Copyright © After Silence