Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Here...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:57 AM

Hi.... unsure.gif ,

I have been looking for a safe place to be in and one day a new found friend told me about this site. She said she's been here and it is safe. I have difficulty trusting anyone after all that has happened to me but somehow i decided to trust her with this. So here I am. I need to know that I am not alone and hopefully someday, just someday, I will be free. Perhaps this would be a place where I could be me and be among those who would accept me for who I am. I am grateful to her for directing me to this site.

just me,

storm. unsure.gif

#2 Saz

Saz
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:39 AM

Hey Storm smile.gif

I'm pretty new here too. This place is amazing and I'm sure you'll find that this is a nice safe place where you can relax. I've found that I can really be 'me' here.

I'm glad you found the forum! Everyone one here can probably relate to the bad experiences that have brought you to After Silence and will help you out with feelings and difficulties ... or just let you know that you're not alone in what you're going through.

Saz smile.gif

#3 -Nene-

-Nene-

Intrepid Innocence

• 1,111 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:54 AM

Dear sweet Storm

I'm so sorry that you are going through this.
I hope you find a little comfort, and perhaps security here...We are a wonderfully strong family, and perhaps, in time you will learn to trust us smile.gif
If you need anything, I'm here...

~Janene

#4 Ardatha

Ardatha

Ardatha's Shadow Monster

• 2,781 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 07:47 AM

Welcome, Storm,

You have indeed found a wonderful place to be among sister and brother survivors here. I am so sorry you have a need to be here because children should not be exploited as we were. If nothing else, here you are among others who have had similar experiences to your own. We understand what you're going through because we are either going through it ourselves or have gone through it. Sometimes we don't have answers but we do offer support and caring up the wazoo! smile.gif Hopefully, you will learn to trust here. That seems to be a big issue. I know it took me years to learn to trust my husband, who has seen me through some of the worst times I've ever had. It can happen though.

Cyberhugs,

hug.gif

Ardatha

#5 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:28 AM

Welcome, Storm! hug.gif
you've come to the right place, take your time and you'll find out how safe and beautiful his place is.
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif
Daniela.

#6 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:39 AM

This is a place full of wonderful, caring people , I hope that you can find help in your healing journey..Take care hug.gif

#7 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:33 AM

(((((Storm)))))

Welcome to the board sweetie.

I am very sorry that you have any reason to be here but please know that you are surrounded by ppl that know exactly where you are coming from and exactly what you may be thiking.

Trust is an issue for all survivors, your not alone in this.

Please keep posting & remember that we are here for you.

((((((Hugs))))))))

Donna =)

#8 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:03 PM

((Storm))

Welcome to the board, sweetie. Take your time to feel comfortable. We're here for you.

<3
Alex

#9 Banned3S

Banned3S
  • Banned
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:09 PM

Thank You all for your warm welcome. I am glad to be here. This site is truly a blessing to many of us. It means heaps to me knowing that I am not alone and that there are people out there who cares...people like you.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

just me,

storm

#10 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• 7,067 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:55 PM

Hi storm,

I just wanted to add my welcome to the group. I hope you find this site as safe and comforting as I do thumbsup.gif .

Take gentle care!
~Kelly

#11 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:45 PM

hug.gif Storm hug.gif

Welcome to After Silence! I have to tell you that I really like your name... it's a very dear name to me. One of my favorite beings is named throb.gif Storm throb.gif !

I'm sorry for everything that you have been through... but I'm so happy you found us here. I look forward to getting to know you! If there is ever anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask me. I'm glad you have decided to let us support you down the road of self-healing. It's a long and bumpy road and sometimes the pot holes look like they could swallow you whole... but they can't and they wont. You have us here to help support you any time you need it.

Please take precious care of yourself.

kitty.gif throb.gif

Tracy