Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Brief Introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lynn_*

Guest_Lynn_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2003 - 02:33 AM

Hi, everyone~

You're all probably aware that I'm the new mod, since ((Verena)) has already posted. smile.gif I see a few familiar names -- Catherine, Peacegirl -- and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you.

Ok, a little about me, right? Well, I'm a 23 year old survivor of CSA, incest, and rape. I live in Oregon and work full-time, doing accouting for a major coroporation...which is not half as important or prestigious as I manage to make it sound. ;)

I'm laid-back, easy to get a long with (I can hear the sighs of relief already. lol), open-minded and loyal. I'm also witty, sarcastic, and prone to cursing way too much. I'm a huge music freak who will probably spend as much time posting song lyrics as I do actually doing any moderating duties. ;)

I hope to go to college sometime in the near future to pursue a psychology degree ~ no real surprise here, I want to counsel survivors. I currently volunteer counseling survivors on-line, moderate a mailing list for survivors, run my own survivors' forum, and am doing two fundraisers for RAINN ~ one is a book of survivors' writings which I will sell on-line, the other is a real life fundraiser I'm organizing with a local band...both of which you will all hear about far more than you'll actually want to. smile.gif

If I sound busy, it's b/c I am, but please don't hesitate to contact me if any of you ever need to, for any reason. Since most of my projects are carried out on-line, I'm on-line a lot, and the time I spend doing all of them is generally pretty flexible.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. smile.gif

Much love~

Lynn

#2 Catherine

Catherine

Clarity Seeker

• 731 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 05:24 AM

(((((((( Lynn ))))))))))

Welcome to our group, glad you accepted to be our new moderator.
You sound really busy Lynn, where do you get the chance to Chill out?

((((((( Safe Gentle Hugs ))))))))

Love Catherine

#3 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 11:07 AM

Welcome! Wow, when DO you get the time for all that?

You souns like an amazing person, and I'm sure I speak for many when I say we're glad to have you.
Love
Wendy