Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Addiction?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Saz

Saz
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:56 AM

Hey,

I don't know how many people here have some for of alcohol/drug addiction... but I was wondering if maybe a forum or sub forum for addiction discussion would be a good idea? Sorry if this has already been asked blush.gif

I noticed that 'addiction' is mentioned in the aftermath forum description but I guess I thought that a place for discussion of just that topic would be better... and plus addiction isn't necessarily due to the aftermath of abuse (and might affect secondary survivors too).

Saz x

#2 Donna

Donna

Liver Schmiver

• Contributing Member
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:34 PM

Hey Saz,

I just saw your post honey. smile.gif

The Aftermath is the best place to discuss addictions and such, in the title of the forum it is said:

Aftermath
Coping with the aftermath of rape, sexual abuse, and domestic violence. Also: physical aftermath such as chronic pain, headaches, addiction, etc

To have an actual forum for it, well that would be up to Lindy & Vera.

I hope for that helps honey?