Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Request For D.i.d. Forum

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

I'm sorry for the delay. I got sick (again!) two days ago and I'm a mess....

I understand your need for a specific forum as well as I understand the concerns around DID. For now, I opened and pinned a support topic for survivors affected by DID in the psychological well-being forum. I hope that it will facilitate healing and communication.

#17 Katia60

Katia60
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

Hi Vera,

Sorry you got sick.

Thanks.

Kate

Edited by Katia60, 17 February 2007 - 03:58 PM.

#18 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(SnowWhiteQueen16 @ Feb 16 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frankly, I can see both sides here...I agree with both of them...On the one hand I think it's a great idea..but on the other...I don't know...I have also seen alot of people fake it so yea...I don't know...
I am DID myself so I really don't know if I want a forum specifically for it...I don't want people to think they have it when they don't or lie about it...

Like Kate said though...I think this was more of a question to the admins then a debate type thing...

hmmmmmm...

~Molly

hug.gif haha maybe we all have good points who knows, but I can see where you would think this could turn into a debate so thanks for bringing that up. Some of us just have differences of opinions, it's nothing to be sorry for. This is the administrator's decision so I'm sure they will do what they feel is best. bighug.gif Take care smile.gif

#19 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Thank you Vera! So sorry to hear that you got sick, is it cold still in NY?

Love, Haullie hug.gif

#20 ann

ann
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:25 PM

Two things.....

One, thank you Vera!

Two, with all these strong opinions, which are feeling to me rather judgemental (like needing a note to prove that I have DID and am not faking it) I'm a bit afraid to post about my DID anywhere now.
Maybe questions asked to the administrators are best left to be answered only by the administrators.

annie

#21 Haullie

Haullie

Resurrecting my soul...

• 4,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(ann @ Feb 18 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two things.....

One, thank you Vera!

Two, with all these strong opinions, which are feeling to me rather judgemental (like needing a note to prove that I have DID and am not faking it) I'm a bit afraid to post about my DID anywhere now.
Maybe questions asked to the administrators are best left to be answered only by the administrators.

annie

I'm sorry you feel that way Annie, I can assure you that would never be our intention to judge anyone, only to offer suggestions based on our own experiences and in the end we did leave it to the admins to make the best choice. We fully understand that. Like I said before, some people will disagree with different opinions, either way hopefully there's some good ideas on both sides. hug.gif Sorry if anything I said upset you, take care sweetie. flowers.gif

throb.gif Haullie

#22 Katia60

Katia60
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:46 AM

Hi Annie,

hug.gif

Kate