Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Hello Everyone.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mommacook_*

Guest_mommacook_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2003 - 08:41 AM

Hello Everyone,
While it is sad why we meet here, I am happy to meet others for friendship and support. I thought I would introduce myself instead of hiding. I'm 23, happily married, momma of 2 beautiful boys & 2 stepdaughters. I'm a stay-at-home mom.

I'm a survivor of child sex abuse and rape. When I first married my husband, my nightmares and 'dayscares' just faded away. We were both very ecstatic. But, recently the bad dreams have returned and with two small children it has really hurt my sleep. Not only do I try avoiding sleep, get wakened by nghtmares, but I'm also putting two boys down(eventually) each night and neither of them will sleep through the night.

I thought if I found a support group, it might help to cut back on some of the nightmares.. but, we are a very busy family so I found this online board that I can read and post during the day when it's just the boys and I.

I think I will read someof the posts and write some of my own if I feel the urge.

Thank You,
"Momma Cook"

#2 Catherine

Catherine

Clarity Seeker

• 731 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 09:25 AM

((((((( MommacooK ))))))))))))

Welcome to our little group, this group has been my life line.
I am sorry, you have a reason, to be here, but so glad that you found us.

Take Care,

Love Catherine

#3 Wendy

Wendy

Moondancer

• 278 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 09:30 AM

I'm glad that you found your way to this group - it has been an amazing support to many of us.

(((hugs)))
Wendy

#4 Lilea

Lilea

Tender Heart

• 858 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 10:45 AM

Wow... you sure do have a full plate with all of those little ones! Welcome... this has been an incredible refuge for me, and I am sure a lot of other people too. It's so nice to have a place to vent and not be judged. Welcome and so glad to meet you! Take care...

#5 Vera

Vera

She's been gone, have you seen her?

• Administrator
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 03:31 PM

Welcome smile.gif

Please make yourself at home and feel free to post anytime you want.....we are here for you!

((((Hugs))))
Verena